Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Predator hunting for soccer moms

Predator hunting for soccer moms

When friends and acquaintances first started asking what I would be getting up to on the weekend and receiving a reply of "bear hunting," I quickly realized that the majority of people in the lower mainland have no idea anybody even eats bear. I had started hunting just as the rug was pulled out from under us regarding the grizzly hunt and although there wasn't any form of provincial vote on the matter I don't think that would have helped much with our current public perception of bear hunting in most urban areas. I had recently started putting together a video of my first year hunting with my son and quickly decided to try and take the opportunity to explain both the edibility and sustainability of bear hunting in BC in a way that non hunters might be able to digest.

I tend to avoid Facebook like the plague these days but I posted it on there and the response was surprising, almost none of my friends hunt but it seemed to be quite well received by people I never would have expected to take interest. I also used it as a bit of a springboard to explain the need for predator management and the hypocrisy of someone eating beef but having an issue with Canada Goose using coyote fur or typing angry comments on hunting photos/videos from their own leather couch.

Either way, I had fun getting a bit of practice filming/editing and creating memories for my son and I...feel free to share it, you never know who's mind you might change. Hope everyone is getting excited for spring bear, just got a new string and cables put on the bow and will be spending the next few weeks experimenting with a couple different arrow builds to try and get my fixed blade broadheads flying as true as possible.

"You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Predator hunting for soccer moms

Excellent video young man won't forget no doubt

Great video, and the way it is presented will appeal to lots of non hunters. Good job and congrats.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

It is my opinion education of the non hunting public is an important factor to the future of hunting. The majority are not anti hunting but majority of what they hear about hunting is from anti hunters. There is also a large portion that are curious about hunting but are uneducated on the subject

45freezer nice video and keep taking the time to talk hunting with others

Nice vid, thanks for sharing.

Great Vid!

Sometimes I approach hunting and talking about it with this opening line.
    "I apologize, as I do not wish to offend, but I do hunt.....etc, etc"
    I try to show respect that not everyone may feel the same.
    But, I find most people go "oh no, that's okay, great that you do etc"
    More times than not, folks seem to be more accepting of hunting than I ever thought.
    (Not 100% of the time, but mostly)
    So, that's how "get it out there", and it seems to work, just an fyi for all.
    Getting it out there, and discussed if need be, I believe is vital and makes people think, and they can attach my face
    as a visual of someone they know who hunts.

Wow, that is a great video! Exactly what needs to be put out there on our behalf, thank you for putting in the effort to paint us in such a good light.

Looks like Ike you’ve got a hell of a hunting partner too!

great stuff,

Brad

That was awesome!
    ~
    Adult Onset Hunter
    CCFR Member

Wherever there is Animal Worship there is Human Sacrifice. That is, both symbolically and literally, a real truth of historical experience.
    — G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Great video, and the way it is presented will appeal to lots of non hunters. Good job and congrats.
    x2 it was great. well done
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

excellent love to see more keep up the good work