Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Predator hunting for soccer moms

Re: Predator hunting for soccer moms

That was awesome really well put together, thanks for sharing.
    BCWF, NFA, CSSA, CCFR.

Thumbs up..thanks
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Thanks everyone, glad people are enjoying it and my son will be happy to hear that as well! For those expressing interest in seeing more content from us in the future I plan on working on a couple projects over the spring and possibly a short film in the fall so if you do have a youtube account be sure to subscribe to our channel and hit the bell icon to stay in the loop!

I fully agree with the concept of not apologizing when you know you've done nothing wrong, that said though the attitude of "this is what I do and if you don't like it then kick rocks" will get us nowhere in regards to changing the perspective of people that may currently be sitting on the fence about hunting and could just as easily be swayed the other way by anti-hunting propaganda. In my experience I tend to agree with Wild One, in the lower mainland at LEAST 50% of people seem to think hunting consists of driving a logging road for 5 minutes with a beer in hand until a trophy buck walks out and stands perfectly broadside...next to his son and wife of course...then the big bad hunter shoots him in the guts, takes nothing but the head and goes back to the trailer park to laugh about it. That outlook is 10x worse if you mention bear or dare I say wolves

It does get significantly better the farther north I go and by the time I pass Mt. Currie people that claim to be non hunters have even pointed me in the direction of cutblocks they think may be productive. Coming back down though the ignorance and cognitive dissonance gets more and more prevalent with every deer crossing sign.

A few things I've found that seem to help break the barrier:

1) Hunting with kids. I've noticed the looks I get from the granola crowd do change drastically when I'm with my son. Even though the goal is the exact same for me, in their minds I think it goes from a bloodthirsty trophy hunter to a family outing for meat. There was a question regarding when I started taking my son out with me, he was 8 when we began actively hunting together and 9 when I shot this bear. Don't hesitate to get them out any chance you get, looking at our evolution it's far more natural for children to see animals killed and butchered from birth than to see their meat come in styrofoam trays. My trips with him are also by far the most rewarding even though I can't go nearly as hard.

2) Hunting with a bow. I've noticed that non hunters tend to have a completely different reaction to the exact same harvest depending on the weapon used. "You killed a bear? Yuck. Wait you killed it with a bow? Wow, can I see pictures!? How does it taste? Did you get a rug?"

3) Meat. To a hunter it's obvious you ate that big black bear and he was probably as tasty as can be. To a non hunter though you most likely left it there just to take the head and hide, and since the food that they scrape off their plate simply goes into a garbage bag that they tie up and seal off from scavengers, they assume any meat left in the woods goes entirely to waste. One thing I regretted is that I didn't show more food in this video, I know the message did get across that we kept the meat and even ate some of the organs but meat is the big barrier crusher in my opinion as most non hunters still do eat meat and wear leather. We're currently working on getting some t-shirts printed up to spread the news that yes, people do eat bear, the more people we can get wearing them around Vancouver/Squamish etc the better if something like the grizzly hunt does ever go to a provincial vote. Hopefully more on that soon.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to check it out and good luck to everyone that's motivated to take the bow out this season now!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

On point 45freezer.

if you've got a couple hours to spare give this podcast a listen and if you don't, break it up and listen anyways:

http://www.themeateater.com/listen/m...reg-blascovich
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Very good job on the vid, congrats keep up the good work..

2 thumbs up well done!
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

right there is some serious talent on making a hunting video, and most importantly raising a young hunter !!! your welcome at my camp fire anytime . keep it up .
    I can tell ya, but you know I' ll be lying to you!!!!

Thumbs up Re: Predator hunting for soccer moms

Bringing them up the RIGHT Way!
    Excellent job all round!
    Many Thanks for the share!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I know hunting in Restricted areas with mountain bikes has given a different perspective for those who are non hunters as well.
    Usually met with approval from them, and an appreciation of the effort we put in.
    The logging road, driving with a beer in hand, pissed drunk is quite often what they gat to see thru media like Hollywood.

sorry with the heading...
    predator hunting for soccer moms

i was thinking this video would have been something hardcore...lol