Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slope Is Getting More Slippery And Steeper

Re: Slope Is Getting More Slippery And Steeper

My fear is that after the above gets passed they will be able to camp on your lawn or maybe even move into your house and demand you feed them.

I still say where are the goal post?
    Can your private ranch land be logged by indigenous folks taking the wood for historic and ceremonial purposes?

Like Nog says, it will only get worse.

No one can deny the rights of FN but where does it end.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Our dilemma is not the Indians, our quandary is who is going to stand up and put things in order.

Our BC First Nations need to understand that they surrendered their "title" to the land the moment they started accepting payouts from the government.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post

Our BC First Nations need to understand that they surrendered their "title" to the land the moment they started accepting payouts from the government.
    really?!

The next time my landlord is asking for his rent, i'll inform him that my prior payment history has allowed me to take possesion of his title.

Someone is sounding more and more like our little Jazzy with every long winded post, off to the ignore list you go beside your mentor...
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

There is no question he is a troll

Quote Originally Posted by silvertipp View Post
    There is no question he is a troll
    It might sue you be careful I was threatened for calling it a Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Piperdown View Post
    Someone is sounding more and more like our little Jazzy with every long winded post, off to the ignore list you go beside your mentor...
    I’m convinced they are the same just different handles.

Read the rationale for not approving the Ajax mine. It states that part of the reason for not approving the project is based on infringement of aboriginal rights and title that would be caused by the project. The proposed project was on private land owned by the company. If infringement of rights can occur on their private land, what about mine?

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Totally agree with Ace's comments above.

It was a directed and overt action.
    They intended to push the province into dealing with them directly over their demands to access deeded title lands within some rather ill defined "traditional territory".
    A power play of sorts.
    Apparently that did not work... this time around.

Mark my words, they WILL be back...

Nog
    I fully agree but think they were told to back off on this one by their own council. The Okanagan is not the place they want to test it. Some band up north where there is less people and it will not receive any news coverage. I fully believe they will challenge some rancher over his ownership of a section or 2 and that will set the precedent for Vancouver, the Okanagan, or the Island but the start there will turn the people against them. They need the courts on their side first.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!