Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Slope Is Getting More Slippery And Steeper

Slope Is Getting More Slippery And Steeper

A Penticton Indian Band councillor fined for trespassing speaks to larger unresolved issues of land claims, according to a response from the band Chief Tuesday.
    The PIB responded to three of its members, including one sitting councillor, being fined $500 eachfor trespassing Tuesday morning in provincial court in Penticton.Fred, Cole and Felix Kruger each pleaded guilty to one count of trespassing in a plea deal which struck down charges related to alleged poaching.PIB Chief Chad Eneas said in the letter of response he and his council stand in support of the three members “who were acting in accordance with Syilx law and protocol and under direction of Band Elders.”The Krugers were spotted by a resident of the Greyback Mountain Road area with an animal carcass after gunshots were heard nearby on Jan. 29, 2017.The plea deal was made after the band unsuccessfully tried to reach an agreement with the province to “address concerns related to hunting on privately-held lands, but within Sn’pintktn Ancestral Lands.”Eneas said in the letter of response that the guilty pleas entered by the Krugers for the 2017 trespassing are not an admission “that the province or private individuals are the rightful owners of the property.”“These lands have always been subject to the title and rights of the Syilx Okanagan Nation.”

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Slope Is Getting More Slippery And Steeper

Weavers right to roam....
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

A Penticton Indian Band councillor fined for trespassing speaks to larger unresolved issues of land claims, according to a response from the band Chief Tuesday.
    The PIB responded to three of its members, including one sitting councillor, being fined $500 eachfor trespassing Tuesday morning in provincial court in Penticton.Fred, Cole and Felix Kruger each pleaded guilty to one count of trespassing in a plea deal which struck down charges related to alleged poaching.PIB Chief Chad Eneas said in the letter of response he and his council stand in support of the three members “who were acting in accordance with Syilx law and protocol and under direction of Band Elders.”The Krugers were spotted by a resident of the Greyback Mountain Road area with an animal carcass after gunshots were heard nearby on Jan. 29, 2017.The plea deal was made after the band unsuccessfully tried to reach an agreement with the province to “address concerns related to hunting on privately-held lands, but within Sn’pintktn Ancestral Lands.”Eneas said in the letter of response that the guilty pleas entered by the Krugers for the 2017 trespassing are not an admission “that the province or private individuals are the rightful owners of the property.”“These lands have always been subject to the title and rights of the Syilx Okanagan Nation.”
    What a load of crap!
    So they can come on your property, in your backyard without your
    permission and just blast away at any wildlife they want to take.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

I support First Nations rights but it is starting to be exploited.

My fear is that no private land will be off limits.
    My fear is that no resource will be off limits on private land.
    My fear is Gov will cave and support.
    My fear is this will extend to all land that was deemed crown.
    My fear is these declared rights will affect 97% of the population to access, enjoy the the hills of BC, to control access on to their privately owned land.

I hope goal posts are defined, as they currently are not.
    Last edited by Ourea; 01-29-2019 at 08:42 PM.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

They are not supposed to be hunting on private land, only an ass**** would go onto anothers property and shoot an animal without permission.

“You are horrified at our intending to do away with private property. But in your existing society, private property is already done away with for nine-tenths of the population; its existence for the few is solely due to its non-existence in the hands of those nine-tenths. You reproach us, therefore, with intending to do away with a form of property, the necessary condition for whose existence is the non-existence of any property for the immense majority of society.” Karl Marx
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    They are not supposed to be hunting on private land, only an ass**** would go onto anothers property and shoot an animal without permission.
    But that ass*** have the full support from the courts and there above the law , just the tip of the Ice Berg on how far the FN's will be pushing this ruling .
    Drum roll please Grand Chief Stewart Phillips step up to the shoebox .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I support First Nations rights but it is starting to be exploited.

My fear is that no private land will be off limits.
    My fear is that no resource will be off limits on private land.
    My fear is Gov will cave and support.
    My fear is this will extend to all land that was deemed crown.
    My fear is these declared rights will affect 97% of the population to access, enjoy, control access to their privately owned land.

I hope goal posts are defined, as they currently are not.
    In my opinion, your fears are correct, well founded and easily defensible.

My biggest fear is that all of the above will continue, and there is absolutely nothing that will be, or can be done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 338win mag View Post
    The area of the elk kills were within city limits.
    The land was heavily posted.

If you have the ability to hunt year round, day or night, why do you need to shoot animals on private and posted land risking public safety?

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    “You are horrified at our intending to do away with private property. But in your existing society, private property is already done away with for nine-tenths of the population; its existence for the few is solely due to its non-existence in the hands of those nine-tenths. You reproach us, therefore, with intending to do away with a form of property, the necessary condition for whose existence is the non-existence of any property for the immense majority of society.” Karl Marx
    Marx and his commie bast**d buddies can burn in hell for eternity.
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕