Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Slope Is Getting More Slippery And Steeper

Re: Slope Is Getting More Slippery And Steeper

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    In my opinion, your fears are correct, well founded and easily defensible.

My biggest fear is that all of the above will continue, and there is absolutely nothing that will be, or can be done about it.
    That is the way I see it too!
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    If you have the ability to hunt year round, day or night, why do you need to shoot animals on private and posted land risking public safety?
    Just being lazy and feeling entitled, some things will never change.

PIB Chief Chad Eneas said in the letter of response he and his council stand in support of the three members “who were acting in accordance with Syilx law and protocol and under direction of Band Elders.”

This must be a law that was construed within the last 100 years, or at best 200 years (post contact) and "band elders" ......some old people never grow up, and some of the names mentioned get zero respect anywhere,, thats what I think about it.

On safety....pretty sure they were careful where their bullets were going as it would of been a disaster for their intended plan to exert authority over their traditional lands. If they wanted to end up in court then they would of entered not guilty pleas, they didn't, and at the time of the trespass things may have changed since then, they are going to have their own playground in the form of a park to hunt in.

If FN are allowed to hunt private land then there will be a war, (think about it) and the courts and government are aware of that,, and things are changing as even many Natives have had enough of the propped up BS and also need to live peacefully in their respective communities.

Through the actions and direction of Stewart Phillip, supporting FN may have made an error, or series of errors when the envelope is pushed too far and/or went in the wrong Rabbit hole, these errors need to be explored.
    In the words of Mike Tyson...."everybody has a plan till they get punched in the mouth".

The area of the elk kills were within city limits.
    The land was heavily posted.

If you have the ability to hunt year round, day or night, why do you need to shoot animals on private and posted land risking public safety?
    If i remember correctly there was no legal room to shoot from the edge of the rd, so illegal discharge of a fire arm, where are those charges, did they loose their guns,trucks or a hunting ban like you or i would. The rumour i heard was that they wanted this to go to court so when they won the case then it opens the door to hunting anywhere.
    Avatar is for all the conspiracy theory nut bars, for all the crow they have to eat when everything implodes

I've never heard of someone who isn't vaccinated getting polio

Trump will win big time in 2020

Why is it that rednecks from Alberta can't get enough of men in dresses, they simply lose their shit

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    “You are horrified at our intending to do away with private property. But in your existing society, private property is already done away with for nine-tenths of the population; its existence for the few is solely due to its non-existence in the hands of those nine-tenths. You reproach us, therefore, with intending to do away with a form of property, the necessary condition for whose existence is the non-existence of any property for the immense majority of society.” Karl Marx
    Wow, smoking dope was big back then, too.

Pemby_mess Guest

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    “You are horrified at our intending to do away with private property. But in your existing society, private property is already done away with for nine-tenths of the population; its existence for the few is solely due to its non-existence in the hands of those nine-tenths. You reproach us, therefore, with intending to do away with a form of property, the necessary condition for whose existence is the non-existence of any property for the immense majority of society.” Karl Marx
    most hunters use "crown land" to hunt. crown land is "public land". Therefore; are most hunters marxist? Are hunters lobbying for increased private property protections in general, or just for their own holdings? Isn't one of the cheif complaints among non-indigenous hunters; the potential to be kept out of land held within the commons, for fear of privatization to the original title holders (indigenous)?

Disclaimer: this is not a comment on the OP. Just an observation of poorly apllied philosophy in this singular example.

3% of the population laying claim to 140% of the province and ignoring public safety seems more than reasonable....

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Until we have a government that puts in a true effort to finalize FN agreements and enforces what is agreed upon FN will continue to push the boundaries

FN are testing what power they truly have to see where the breaking point is before govt puts their foot down. With the present parties in power both federal and provincial the scales tip towards FN being able to gain new rights to benefit themselves

There are large tracts of 'Crown Land' that are being traded, sold, given as gifts, etc. with absolutely no 'public' input.
    No provincial government has the so called 'right' to disperse 'Crown Assets' . . . . yet, they all do.
    Much of this is done along racial lines, which is just wrong.

Arrow Re: Slope Is Getting More Slippery And Steeper

Totally agree with Ace's comments above.

The area of the elk kills were within city limits.
    The land was heavily posted.

It was a directed and overt action.
    They intended to push the province into dealing with them directly over their demands to access deeded title lands within some rather ill defined "traditional territory".
    A power play of sorts.
    Apparently that did not work... this time around.

Mark my words, they WILL be back...

Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me