Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New scope? Too many choices

New scope? Too many choices

Well I’m looking at a new rifle, so now to dial in a scope, so here’s my wants, to be more than 4 x16, say 6x24 or a little less, be damn right bulletproof, and say between 1000 - 1500 or so, i was looking at the night force SHV but some nikons have excellent ratings, Leopolds are great too? So the delemia
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

2. Site Sponsor

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Re: New scope? Too many choices

Zeiss V4 4-16x44 or 6-24x50 Zplex reticle with zero stop dial

Swing by on your way to the range and take one of my rifles with the Zeiss scope and see for yourself,

Lots of good scopes, Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44 and VX6HD 3-18x44 are also great scopes
    Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 01-31-2019 at 09:17 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

I like the lockable turret on the vx-5 and the red dot, just ordered another from Great North Precision today, best price I could find in Canada.

I love my two vx5hd 3-15x44 and Firedot

I just bought a zeiss Z4 in the 6-24. The lupy 3-15 with cds was a contender but I wanted to try the higher magnification. I can get a custom dial for the zeiss as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyduck View Post
    I like the lockable turret on the vx-5 and the red dot, just ordered another from Great North Precision today, best price I could find in Canada.
    For my eyes that is the best scope I could find, for that money. The zeiss scopes come in third or fourth to my liking. The dot is a huge bonus to me.

Vortex PST 5-25x50 SFP, $1330. Little heavy, 31oz
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by browningboy View Post
    Well I’m looking at a new rifle, so now to dial in a scope, so here’s my wants, to be more than 4 x16, say 6x24 or a little less, be damn right bulletproof, and say between 1000 - 1500 or so, i was looking at the night force SHV but some nikons have excellent ratings, Leopolds are great too? So the delemia
    40 years of beating the hell out of Leupold in the mountains, boats, planes. I know there’s good scopes out there.
    I could never change based on my experiences and similar reports from hunters everywhere. Good luck! It’s gotten confusing. Go with your gut.

Maven optics are excellent

Zeiss Zeiss and Zeiss.