Re: New scope? Too many choices

Swarovski Z5 3.5-18 x 44 16 oz
    Zeiss V4 4-16 x 44 22 oz
    Zeiss v4 6-24 x 50 24 oz

All Beauty Scopes RJ

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    Zeiss Zeiss and Zeiss.
    If that is all that is available, open sights might be a better option.

Quote Originally Posted by lowball View Post
    If that is all that is available, open sights might be a better option.
    Zero clue eh bud?

https://youtu.be/ae-aOmumIFQ

https://www.longrangehunting.com/art...ted-zmoa.1199/

The internals are the same in the v4 and v6, if your going to be twisting turrets and don't want to pay $4000 or use a 40oz scope these are tough to beat.
    Last edited by 300rum700; 02-11-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 300rum700 View Post
    Zero clue eh bud?

https://youtu.be/ae-aOmumIFQ

https://www.longrangehunting.com/art...ted-zmoa.1199/

The internals are the same in the v4 and v6, if your going to be twisting turrets and don't want to pay $4000 or use a 40oz scope these are tough to beat.
    Sound like a good buy, have they improved their eye relief also?
    The only advantage to a light rifle is it's weight, all other advantages go to the heavier rifle..

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    I've shot the 5-30 quite a bit and never noticed it to be a problem or different than any other scope in its mag range.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by .264winmag View Post
    The New Conquest Line (30mm tube) V4/V6 are incredible scopes, I have few of them, V4 4-16x44, V4 6-24x50, VX6 3-18x44, eye relief is excellent, optical clarity/brightness is excellent, low light performance is as good or better than a comparable Leupold or Swarovski, the MOA turret internally is a copy of the Nightforce NXS turret, the zero stop MOA dial is very positive.
    Rumour is they hired two Nightforce techs and they redesigned the Conquest line.

they are tough as nails as I put one through a test that I wouldn’t want to try on purpose, my rifle fell from a height of 40” and the first thing the that hit the laminate was the windage turret, it punched a hole in the laminate flooring,

I figured the scope would be done, nope nothing wrong with it, never lost its zero, never affected the function of the windage turret, I did a box text at the range and the fifth shot was almost in the same hole as the first shot, sold me on their durability, on another note it was mounted in Talley lightweights and they never failed either.

Cons- weight as the 4-16x44 is 22oz, 6-24x50 24oz, V6 3-18x50 22oz
    The V4 4-16x44 has a slightly shorter tube than the V6 and will not fit a Remington 700 LA in Talley Lihtweights you need extended rings,
    it fits a Tikka t3, Sako A7, Carl Gustaf, Husqvarna with standard Talley lightweight rings , I just tried one on my Stiller LA for my 300 PRC build and will not fit there either,

In The V4 4-16x44 line Zplex reticle is excellent for hunting or at the range, the ZMOA2 reticle is a touch heavy when you shoot paper at 300 yards but would be fine for hunting purposes

The V6 3-18x50 fit a Rem 700 LA with Talley Lightweights

Last edited by Weatherby Fan; 02-12-2019 at 07:49 AM.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

How's the warranty on zeiss conquest riflescope ,10 years, binos 5 years, Swarovski 10 years.
    sold my Swarovski for leupold 6, glass is close, better covers on the leupold, illuminated reticle on leupold, better lifetime warranty , haven't needed it, better turrets, all subjective, but I prefer them and that's where I spend my money.