Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permit to Accompany - one step closer to a mountain hunt dream

Re: Permit to Accompany - one step closer to a mountain hunt dream

It is all about shot placement, but as stated above a bit more reach or a bit more thump might come in handy in certain situations. But, that being said, if you’re comfortable and accurate with your BLR’s you might be best off sticking with what you know rather than trying to get used to a new rifle. Just invest in quality bullets and range time. But, if you’re looking for an excuse to buy a another rifle.......

I've personally used a 7-08 for goats, caribou and sheep with 140 accubonds and also for awhile was running 120 TTSX. My kids used a 243 (1 with 100gr Partion, and 1 with 80gr TTSX) to take mountain goats. What you have will work fine.....but if you need an excuse to get a new rifle then I'd look at the Barrett Fieldcraft in 6.5 CM, 7-08, or 308 (no need for a magnum - just adds extra weight).
    "There'll be no quitters, till we bag some critters"
    WSSBC - RMGA - BHA - CCFR

I'd drive as far north of Smithers as your time permits. Fewer people, generous open season.

Have fun, keep us posted.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

The universe works in mysterious ways some times ... on the very day my grandfather (without question the original source of my passion/drive to hunt with his hunting stories that enthralled me as a kid) passed away at the age of 87, the news came in that my friend in British Columbia is able to host me and we're moving ahead with an application for a mountain goat hunt in central British Columbia.

The application should be successful (not a guarantee, but close) and my lifelong dream of a hunt in the mountains of BC will be one step closer to reality.

I sent you a PM