Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mountain goat hunt - teaser video

Re: Mountain goat hunt - teaser video

Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys. I wish I could take some responsibility for the filmmaking side of things but it was all captured and put together by our talented friend Nic Thielmann. I'm just the ugly mug with the accent in the film.

The goat was a nanny. That was a very bittersweet moment moment for me and probably the other guys on the trip. We didn't see the need to highlight nor hide that in the film.

The lack of GORE and grip and grin footage was very intentional, it was always our plan to avoid that side of things. We wanted to show the hunt how it actually is. Most hunts are 90% hunting/bushwhacking/glassing/suffering and only 10% killing and packing. We wanted to highlight that. And also provide a different take on hunting films.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispryn View Post
    Thanks for all the comments and feedback guys. I wish I could take some responsibility for the filmmaking side of things but it was all captured and put together by our talented friend Nic Thielmann. I'm just the ugly mug with the accent in the film.

The goat was a nanny. That was a very bittersweet moment moment for me and probably the other guys on the trip. We didn't see the need to highlight nor hide that in the film.

The lack of GORE and grip and grin footage was very intentional, it was always our plan to avoid that side of things. We wanted to show the hunt how it actually is. Most hunts are 90% hunting/bushwhacking/glassing/suffering and only 10% killing and packing. We wanted to highlight that. And also provide a different take on hunting films.

Chris
    Chris,

The film was very tastefully done. The lack of "gore" in the film is refreshing and puts the focus on the mental and physical demands that such a hunt demands.

The hunt, the men who accompanied you and the film itself are a collective "class act". We need more of this to show the non hunting world that we're not all a bunch on knuckle dragging Neanderthals. Good job!!!
    "Guns kill people like spoons made Rosie O'Donel fat"

Enjoyed the vid, thank you for sharing.

I prefer no gore myself I like that you focused on the hunt.

Well done. Great video!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispryn View Post

Chris
    More like 99%.
    Goats are white and blood stands out pretty good on them.
    We as hunters know what it looks like.
    But, I believe if we are trying to make the non hunting community see what hunting is "really about" (which this video did),
    than it doesn't need the stuff that does either make people squeamish or turn them off.

So many shows lose what hunting is about because it is just filled with "look at me and this headgear on the beast".

If I would make a suggestion, I would show the odd scene of "removing the meat" because that is a big part of what hunting is
    about.
    And showing off the headgear on the back board makes more sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    So many shows lose what hunting is about because it is just filled with "look at me and this headgear on the beast".
    thank the lord and thank you Jimmy Primos and Scent Away

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    thank the lord and thank you Jimmy Primos and Scent Away

Hahaha too funny. He is missing his chewing tobacco sponsor and favourite nascar banner.

^^^^^^^Exactly!

Too bad you shot a nanny, its my worst nightmare when hunting goats because of their long reproductive cycle, even though you agonize over judging them mistakes can be made and thats life. I try to emphasize to my kids (at the same time to myself) its hard to not pull the trigger but once that bullet leaves the chamber you cant ever put in back in...she gone.

I understand how the grip and grin can be interpreted wrong by non hunters and have always appreciated the cut pack catch and cook idea..most non hunters always ask about the logistics of how you get the animal out of the bush and if it tastes good lol..

Not trying to take away from the vid, congrats again on the hunt and vid, goat hunting is awesome!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA