Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Of Hunters Featured On International Prime Time Documentary!

Re: Family Of Hunters Featured On International Prime Time Documentary!

I watched it on youtube this morning, very well done Rose!

I have always enjoyed watching your videos that you post on here. I usually can get my kids [girls] to watch for a bit. We just watched this episode on the tv [wife included]. Everyone enjoyed it and was impressed with the show. I can see it receiving good ratings back in the UK.
    As much as my wife liked it she did say " don't get any ideas that we are going to try and live off grid like that " though.

Thanks everyone! So glad that you enjoyed it. Did anyone else like Ben's moose calls?

I say, "Blame it on the instructor!" The pathetic cow moose call that is.

I see the words envious and jealous and I think to myself, what a wonderful world you have.

I see Jeff inviting others to quit the rat race and join yo'll in the back forty, but then the neighborhood will just get too dam crowded. Although, I can see that there will be a few exodus' once this has aired nationally.

Realistically, you have to have the right life partner with the same mindset to accomplish what you two have done. And I congratulate you both, job well done.

This brings to mind my childhood back in the mid-50s. Our family were friends with a family that were off the grid. Their abode was somewhat like a yurt, with rooms sectioned off by curtains. Boys on one side, girls on the other. Central heating by a very large heater in the middle of the "great room". Lighting provided by white gas and coal oil lamps. Entertainment when we visited were boxing matches in the "great room" always featuring myself and two of the brothers, one slightly older and one slightly younger. I was always featured in the opening match and it seemed that I could win that one, but I never got the bye on the second match which I always seemed to lose. As always, one brother was pitted against the other for the match of the day championship.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Thanks Rose, that was awesome. Hope it is well received on TV in the UK and eventually airs here too.

Myself also, wasn't expecting to watch the entirety all in one sitting, but I did.
    And to be honest, I had a smile on my face from starting to end.
    The family is a great ambassador to life outdoors, and hope that episode gain a lot of traction all over viewing world.
    Also hoping at least one of the daughters can one day, at minimum, hold the title of "minister of environment".
    (sorry, asking anyone to consider politics is somewhat cruel, but a necessary evil)
    Anyone of them would be more than qualified!
    The moose calling was a great laugh as well.
    Many documentaries try and look for the bad, just for balance.
    It is obvious that it was completely impossible for the host to find that, which says a lot right there.
    Well done on everyone's part, and thanks again.
    (have forwarded on the link towards all my friends, most who do not spend anytime outdoors....they need to see it!)
    T

Thoroughly enjoyed that Rose!!

TBH we need more of this. We need to use social media and feature hunters, their families and hunting, less focus on the kill and the harvest, and more focus on lifestyle and family. It would go a long way in swaying public opinion.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

As others have said, I just wanted to see what it was about with intention of watching later. Damn near midek aade me late for work because I just kept watching. Great video and even better family.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

It's the humor that your family has, that gives the lifestyle some real "heart of the matter" reality.
    that other video, where the steam was rising from the tent, and your husband making a joke to the girls that the tent was on fire, and then watching one of your daughters running endlessly out of the tent, into the woods, and beings asked what she was doing and she states "you said fire" made me laugh.
    It those moments that make the day, and the family shows that so well.
    Definitely great ambassadors to hunting and just being a part of the outdoors.
    Many FN talk about being stewards of the land, but really are so far disconnected now, that it is actually just a "legend has it"
    reality, but you folks really do show what stewards of the land should look like.
    You folks are walking the talk!