Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Family Of Hunters Featured On International Prime Time Documentary!

Re: Family Of Hunters Featured On International Prime Time Documentary!

I agree. People forget where there food has come from and seem blind to the fact that even the beef that they bought in the store had a life.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    TBH we need more of this. We need to use social media and feature hunters, their families and hunting, less focus on the kill and the harvest, and more focus on lifestyle and family. It would go a long way in swaying public opinion.

Also, hunting is a part of our everyday life, both Jeff and I love it and the kids love it. Its not the killing that we love, it's being outdoors, it's going for walks, it's sitting quietly in the tree stand, it's getting some fresh air, it's knowing where our food comes from and processing it in the way that we like. We feel that if we can share a bit more about our lives and the way we live with others, not only will it be fun, but perhaps it may spur on others to live a simpler, family oriented lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    TBH we need more of this. We need to use social media and feature hunters, their families and hunting, less focus on the kill and the harvest, and more focus on lifestyle and family. It would go a long way in swaying public opinion.

I thoroughly enjoyed the video and admire you and your family. I spent some time in northern Canada with some friends who raised two girls in a very remote homestead. They live 85 kms from the nearest community. No roads - boat or plane access only. A handbuilt log house, fish from the lake, moose and berries from the bush, vegetables from the garden. After visiting, I always came away in awe at how intelligent the girls were - wise beyond the years. And an exceedingly close family. All the same things I see in your family. This is an excellent means of educating people about a lifestyle that relies on and respects hunting. Kudos all around.

I always wondered who lived behind those gates... jealous. Simply amazing life your family has. I watched this with my family last night, as soon as it was over they asked if we can move. Lol. Thanks for sharing, always enjoy your videos.

It’s pretty cool and I admire what you’re doing but I wouldn’t want to do it. I got the acreage and the hunting lifestyle but I like my running water. Spend enough time cutting wood and butchering meat and moving snow that not getting a hot shower would put me in a pretty bad mood.

Amongst all the things everyone has said, there is one thing that sets this video/show apart from most any other show I have watched:
    I felt like friend, that was invited over for the day.
    As if I had known these people for years, and in some sort of strange way (especially that I am only in the position of a viewer,
    not even physically present), they know me....
    Don't really know how else to explain it, it's just somehow different.
    Maybe because so many of the shows that are hunting based seem to feel they need success stories.
    Maybe because they have used guides, so they really don't have a connection with the area at all.
    But there is something definitely very unique here.
    And that's not an easy task to set oneself apart in such a big crowd, especially in regards to a hunting/gathering type theme.

Such a nice story lines and awesome camera angles

That was a fantastic video. A good eye opener for all.
    Very well done!
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Simply put, that was amazing. As a family unit what an experience you are getting. I feel badly for your daughters once they step out into the larger world and realize that most of the young males they encounter will be far less capable than they are. My hat is off to the young lady swinging the axe.I grew up chopping wood and still chop 3-5 cords a year and her swing is pure artistry.

I always love your videos. Thanks for posting!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?