Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fly in stone sheep

Re: Fly in stone sheep

How did you go about selecting the lake? Did they have suggestions or did you pick it?

We chose our lake before we contacted them. When we got to the float base we confirmed the lake(by name if it has one) and also on the map. We didn't see anyone for our days hunt and only heard a couple of planes in the distance.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by cuervosail View Post
    I've flown with them two years in a row and they won't fly into a lake where they have already dropped someone. Of course, that doesn't mean the competitor out of Watson Lake won't.
    Competitor out of Watson did fly us into one of Bill's lakes but not into the small honey hole that I preferred. I didn't give him much notice on the slightly altered destination. The response I got was that they help each other out at times and the odd lake is untouchable. Just meant an extra day of hiking . . .
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

instead of landing on lakes has anyone ever looked in to landing on any of the remote runways that you can find on google earth? or is it just better to go with what you know?

Some of these strips are used indeed. There's the odd gravel bar here and there where they can land too....

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    Some of these strips are used indeed. There's the odd gravel bar here and there where they can land too....
    is there a way to get the strip id#'s so I can talk to a pilot about possible use of them?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb View Post
    There are far more lakes than landing strips so I wouldn't limit myself to those. (I know you probably are not). From my knowledge, most of the areas with landing strips will still require a pretty good hike to get to sheep country whereas numerous lakes offer easier and quicker access.
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience