Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fly in stone sheep

Fly in stone sheep

Looking at doing a fly in stone sheep hunt this year.
    Is there any other plane charters other then urs with northern rockies. Ps any advice is helpful

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Fly in stone sheep

I've flown out of Watson Lake with Northern Rockies and out of Dease with BC Yukon and Tsayta Aviation. You can also fly out of Tatogga . . . believe it's Alpine Lakes Air.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

I can confirm, Tatogga is Alpine lakes air. I've used them before but not for sheep

Villiers Air Fort Nelson

BC Yukon in Dease lk. 250-771-3232

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    BC Yukon in Dease lk. 250-771-3232
    Rumor has is they might not fly you into certain sheep lakes. I never asked, but did fly with them last fall to a lake that has sheep nearby although that was not the focus of our hunt.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by pg83 View Post
    Rumor has is they might not fly you into certain sheep lakes. I never asked, but did fly with them last fall to a lake that has sheep nearby although that was not the focus of our hunt.
    I have not had that experience. Two years ago they flew me into a lake with one of their camps on it. They have been very straightforward to deal with. Bill is an interesting and informative guy to talk to and he is very invested in wildlife in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    I have not had that experience. Two years ago they flew me into a lake with one of their camps on it. They have been very straightforward to deal with. Bill is an interesting and informative guy to talk to and he is very invested in wildlife in the area.
    Good to hear!
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by pg83 View Post
    I've flown with them two years in a row and they won't fly into a lake where they have already dropped someone. Of course, that doesn't mean the competitor out of Watson Lake won't.

Quote Originally Posted by cuervosail View Post
    I've flown with them two years in a row and they won't fly into a lake where they have already dropped someone. Of course, that doesn't mean the competitor out of Watson Lake won't.
    I had a decent experience with them, great hunt after switching lakes up due to some agreements they had on where they would fly, but we made do and had an amazing hunt and they were easy to deal with.

They did drop a group at the same lake half way through our hunt. Not complaining, just stating it since it was brought up. We were caribou hunting and went home with a truck load of meat regardless!!