Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So which organization to join?

So which organization to join?

So I have been a member at one time or another of WSSBC, RMEF, BCWF. Was not real happy with any of them.

I’ve been wanting to join something again, start paying back for what I take. BHA is on the list, so is Goat Alliance and one or two of the previously mentioned organizations.

As a resident hunter and conservationist, what is everyone feeling gives us the best representation and why?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: So which organization to join?

All those organizations are about putting animals on the land. They aren't hunting organizations at the base level. They just use hunting as a tool. Like the rest of us. Well except maybe BHA
    Last edited by warnniklz; 01-26-2019 at 11:18 AM.

If i had to choose only one the WSSBC would be it but in reality all of them need more support.

There are plenty of conservation organisations. Organisations that support BC resident hunters is non existant in BC IMO.
    " We must strive to touch the land gently and care for it as true stewards, that those who follow us and assess our record may see that our mark on the land was one of respect and love, not cruelty and disdain."

Robert B. Oetting

Proud BC Resident Hunter

WSSBC has kept on track and them recently stepping up with their program to educate the public I have to give them the most credit. Down side sheep is their priority

SCI has promise but they need a few strong active members to help them grow and become more organized

BCWF I am not really impressed with but they do have the odd good project. Their efforts are mainly southern BC

BHA I recommend doing as much research as you can before you give them a dime. At this time they fall under no way in hell in my opinion.

Truth of the matter is WSSBC is about the best BC has at this moment in my opinion so don’t expect better from the others. BC needs a new hunting org to represent hunters in BC big time

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    WSSBC has kept on track and them recently stepping up with their program to educate the public I have to give them the most credit. Down side sheep is their priority

SCI has promise but they need a few strong active members to help them grow and become more organized

BCWF I am not really impressed with but they do have the odd good project. Their efforts are mainly southern BC

BHA I recommend doing as much research as you can before you give them a dime. At this time they fall under no way in hell in my opinion.

Truth of the matter is WSSBC is about the best BC has at this moment in my opinion so don’t expect better from the others. BC needs a new hunting org to represent hunters in BC big time
    Been looking a lot at BHA, and am still unsure. Y2Y and all...
    Dont like all the infighting recently at BCWF. Seem really unstable.
    Had issues with membership at WSS. It would be tough to give them my money.

However, I’m okay with just helping put animals on the landscape. Need to start somewhere. Right now Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance has my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    ...Right now Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance has my attention.
    Their hoodies are really nice

I would say join the one that supports your beliefs then become active. Decisions are made by those that show up.
    In my opinion the rise of the BHA (good or bad) is a direct result the the current disorganization within the BCWF and their loss of focus on regional issues.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    Been looking a lot at BHA, and am still unsure. Y2Y and all...
    Dont like all the infighting recently at BCWF. Seem really unstable.
    Had issues with membership at WSS. It would be tough to give them my money.

However, I’m okay with just helping put animals on the landscape. Need to start somewhere. Right now Rocky Mountain Goat Alliance has my attention.
    I don’t know much about the goat alliance so no opinion there. Out of the ones I listed outside of WSS I would take a risk on SCI because I can at least see potential with the right members

I don’t like the BCWF and think they are a mess but I would buy a life time membership for the BCWF before I paid for a 1 year BHA membership.

https://www.wildsheepsociety.com/ this one right now ! and i will rejoin the BCWF too as i still BELIEVE they do a lot of GOOD ! jmo RJ