Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Waders sprung a leak. Buy expensive, buy cheap or try to fix?

Re: Waders sprung a leak. Buy expensive, buy cheap or try to fix?

Repair for sure. Pricey waders in the marsh don't last much longer than budget ones. I duct tape the weak points around the waders where they will get snagged by vegetation, it kind of acts as a barrier to puncture, but is still flexible enough to bend with the fabric.

Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

These are the guys I spoke with: https://www.oceaner.com. They were very helpful and helped me understand what would be required. Like I said, once I priced it out vs the risk of it coming apart crashing around in the marsh and ruining a day hunting, I went with the new option. The biggest issue for me was how to reinforce the seam between the boot and the wader so that it could withstand the force of getting stuck in the mud and pulled out etc. I suppose it can be done as discussed here in an ancient thread https://www.duckhuntingchat.com/foru...?f=12&t=130429. I also found some guys in New Zealand who have apparently done this with some success. Good luck

Give Cabelas a call as most of their brand name stuff has a Lifetime Warranty, can't hurt.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Sitka, Cabelas "legendary warrantee" is not really very legendary any more. At the most it is 90 days.

https://www.cabelas.ca/pages/legendary-guarantee

Give Brooks Dive Gear a call @(604) 986-3441.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Update: I tried fixing my old pair. I used a flashlight to try to spot leaks. The flashlight didn't really help but by eyeballing it was able to find one obvious hole in my butt and then the start of three other spots where the neoprene had become worn away - I suspect by just sitting and rubbing against logs etc. I took aquaseal to them and then let it cure overnight. Next day I went into the water in False Creek to test them out. At first it looked like it was successful .. but then one of my boots started filling with water. From the calves up I was dry so my sealing efforts worked for the holes I could find but not for whatever was filling the boot. After examining it after I think there is a spot in the boot edge seal that I wouldn't have been able to find before.

I decided this is a long term project and went out to Basspro that day and got myself a new set. I got another set of Cabelas waders but a bit thinner (3mm) because the 5mm ones I had before I frankly thought were too heavy for the hike out to the swamp. All in all cost me under $200 so if it lasts me another three or four seasons I think that's the standard my first ones set.
    Last edited by silveragent; 02-26-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Go to Cabela’s and in the boot section by the laces and get a tube of freesol .
    worked awesome on my work boots been two winters now
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

I have Used GOOP ! Great Sealer - Good for Boots too ! RJ

thanks for the tips, gents. Will try to salvage my older pair so I can have a backup