Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hares / rabbits Pemberton in March?

Hares / rabbits Pemberton in March?

I'm going to be at a multi-day gathering in Pemberton in March. Only thing in season from what I see is rabbit + predators. I don't think I will go for predators but wouldn't mind taking an afternoon or morning to walk around to pot a rabbit. Any recommendations of areas? I have never stayed in Pemberton, only driven through it.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hares / rabbits Pemberton in March?

Just make sure you can hunt where you think you want to hunt. I think it gets a little weird with no shooting areas and private lands over there.

I personally haven't seen any rabbits the 4-5 times I have driven the Hurley fsr and lillooet fsr. I been up soo valley and didn't see much up there either. If I was after rabbits in pemby I would probably try closer to lillooet, I forgot the name of the fsr, it's a right turn after you blast thru "downtown Pemberton"

I’ve seen one bunny in 10 years. I’ve Seen groups of wolves 7 times now up here saw them 2 days ago headed from the back of Birkenhead up over and into owl creek from the best I could figure.
    Last edited by the hopper; 01-22-2019 at 11:31 PM.
    Rule # 1 No talking about undies. yours or anyone elses.

I would pm Jassmine
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

While I have seen the odd rabbit during daylight hours, I find it very rare to find a hare then. Usually only see them in the first or last 30 minutes of daylight if I'm lucky, but mostly see them in the dark when headlights are shone on them. Not trying to rain on your parade, I'm just wondering how fruitful you will be. Good luck and have fun!! Picking rabbits off can be enjoyable.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

Never gone for rabbits so just using an opportunity being up there to take an afternoon off from celebrating with mostly strangers for some alone time. So sounds like it'll be more or less a hike with a gun, eh.

Rabbits are schedule c correct? Meaning NBL?
    How does rabbit taste compared to hare?

all the rabbits at my work that had accumulated for many years were decimated last summer by a fatal virus that only spares some young ones..weather was also bad so we had complete annihilation...still haven't seen any since
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4097719/b...eadly-disease/

After hunting the area for 30 years, I can honestly say I've never seen a snowshoe hare in the immediate area in May, June, July, September, October or November. I saw some up Blowdown but you won't be driving up Blowdown in March.