Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New world record muley!?

Re: New world record muley!?

Quote Originally Posted by wos View Post
    If I shot that deer I would be grinning from ear to ear in the picture. That guy almost looks confused. (Im not trying to put him down or be offensive im just saying. )
    I know when I walked up and sat beside a BC giant I killed.... I was speachless.
    Just sat and reflected and admired him.
    No hooting or hollering.
    Just respect.

I suspect his dazed look could be his coming to the understanding of "jesus, I know what I have done".

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Just an awesome buck!!
    Live to Hunt...

Quote Originally Posted by Citori54 View Post
    You are correct, the only way Cody's buck could be measured and considered for the record is if the velvet was removed and he did not want to do that. He stated he wanted to keep it the way he hunted/shot it. Good on him, gave up a lot of fame,fortune and potential dollars to keep it special.
    P&Y allow for velvet entries to be scored with a percentage deduction for the velvet. These are listed for a one time book entry but not included in the all-time records. The velvet entries will not be declared World's Records as they need to be stripped and Panel Judged to be declared. Keeping the velvet on is a personal decision and I think Cody made the right choice as the World Record would have not stood for long. This new buck is indeed bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    I know when I walked up and sat beside a BC giant I killed.... I was speachless.
    Just sat and reflected and admired him.
    No hooting or hollering.
    Just respect.

I suspect his dazed look could be his coming to the understanding of "jesus, I know what I have done".
    I'm guessing that's the case..what a buck, I wonder how old it was..guesses??

Quote Originally Posted by HarryToolips View Post
    I'm guessing that's the case..what a buck, I wonder how old it was..guesses??
    I don't have the history with following specific MD as much as I do elk but I would guess 9 to 11 yrs.

Note his right side is busted off a bit.
    May have topped 300" with a full hat

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

WOW! That thing looks like Medusa, maybe he got into a bucket of roundup or sumthang. What's amazing is that he didn't break much off, when fighting or tussling with the other boys.

Quote Originally Posted by ACB View Post
    WOW! That thing looks like Medusa, maybe he got into a bucket of roundup or sumthang. What's amazing is that he didn't break much off, when fighting or tussling with the other boys.
    Buck was killed in Oct so his chances of being busted up are low.

If and when a guy finds a nontyp giant best kill 'em earlier in the season than later

I killed this one late October.
    Once the rut started chances r he would be missing some of his junk.

Bucks start sparring and risk breaking tines long before peak rut. Antlers with lots of junk are at risk of entanglement and violent efforts to disengage.
    JMHO.
    I saw good Whitetail bucks sparring hard on 1 October this year.