Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bc backcountry hunter angler assoc.

Re: Bc backcountry hunter angler assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Do the BHA support predator hunting? I heard through the grapevine that they don’t, but that may be entirely inaccurate.
    I'm BHA. Vocal about my love for spring black bear. Vocal that I want a grizz hunt in both BC and Alberta.

I'm also trying to learn wolves... but for the life of me, can't seem to connect on one. But I am out there freezing my a$$ off trying to call em in hahaha

Who are the directors of the BC BHA? Are they on HBC?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Do the BHA support predator hunting? I heard through the grapevine that they don’t, but that may be entirely inaccurate.
    Very judgmental on certain ways of hunting though!!! I find its a very our way or no way with folks in that group. Has kept me very far from joining them. I for one am a believe of if its legal fill your boots who am I to judge your way. But unless you like hiking in the back country and only foot powered then it seems to not be the group for you. One comment was from a guy high up in the group too, just shows their true colors IMO. I would love to someone to change my mind.
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    Very judgmental on certain ways of hunting though!!! I find its a very our way or no way with folks in that group. Has kept me very far from joining them. I for one am a believe of if its legal fill your boots who am I to judge your way. But unless you like hiking in the back country and only foot powered then it seems to not be the group for you. One comment was from a guy high up in the group too, just shows their true colors IMO. I would love to someone to change my mind.
    I disagree with you comment mate, I'm not going to try to convince you on a forum though.

Show up for a beer and a chat, make up your own mind. I'll buy your first pint!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Who are the directors of the BC BHA? Are they on HBC?
    I'm an organizer for Region 2. I'm not sure if any of the fellas from the EK are on HBC - I kind of doubt it as I'm pretty sure most of those guys don't have FB or Insta so doubtful if they're on forums. That said - the current provincial leaders are smart, well organized women and men who have BC's wildlife and habitat as their primary concern.

The mission statement for the BHA is we seek to ensure North America's outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting, through education and work on behalf of wild public lands and waters. We're a conservation group - full stop. We want to see an increase of wildlife on the landscape - wild life needs wild places. If we can't get the landscape right, we're not going to see more wildlife.

We're not anti quad or anti horse or anti anything. We're pro habitat and pro wildlife. I will say one thing though - gun legislation is not on our agenda and won't be.

Every MU has a monthly pint night. Lower Mainland is the last Thursday of the month at the Burnaby Rugby Club. Almost 1000 members province wide.

Shoot me a message here (don't check it much), or an email (mark_r@telus.net) or a text 604-815-9678 if you want more information about the pint nights.

Come on out - there's beer.

Hey Everyone,

It's awesome to see so much interest about the BC BHA on here!

I manage the events and sponsorships at the BC BHA. We're currently working on updating our website to better explain all the hard work that is happening behind the scenes to keep our wild places, wild. Furthermore, explain how folks (like yourself) that are interested in giving back their time can get involved.

Jan 31 @Burnaby Lake Ruby Club 7-10pm:
    - Nolan Osborn from The Journal of Mountain Hunting will be there talking about late-season goat hunting
    - Afterwards, we will have a quick meeting to go over the projects we are working on
    - Bring up concerns about the wildlife in your area, and ask questions
    - Non-members welcome!

We welcome everyone that loves the backcountry it doesn't matter if you're a hunter, hunting curious, hiker, dirt biker etc...

Come say hi, I'm most likely be the only 5'3 Asian gal there.

See everyone there
    Last edited by jennylyyy; 01-21-2019 at 05:08 PM.
    I share the stories of individuals who hunt, gather & protect our wild lands @chasingfoodclub @backcountryhuntersbc

"We're not anti quad or anti horse or anti anything. We're pro habitat and pro wildlife. I will say one thing though - gun legislation is not on our agenda and won't be."

where does BHA stand on protecting Hunting and Fishing rights?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-r View Post
    "We're not anti quad or anti horse or anti anything. We're pro habitat and pro wildlife. I will say one thing though - gun legislation is not on our agenda and won't be."

where does BHA stand on protecting Hunting and Fishing rights?
    It's at the top of the list.

Gun legislation does have the potential to affect wildlife. Hunters provide 60-90% of the money used for wildlife management in North America, depending on the jurisdiction. Draconian gun laws that act as a barrier shooting and hunting will inevitably reduce money available for wildlife.
    Gun laws should be the concern of any Hunter-based conservation organization.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever