Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bc backcountry hunter angler assoc.

Re: Bc backcountry hunter angler assoc.

Jenny , enjoyed the story of your hunt you told at the Cranbrook BHA gig , very entertaining. Keep the journey going.
    Last edited by roymil; 01-21-2019 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roymil View Post
    Jenny , enjoyed the story of your hunt you told at the Cranbrook BHA gig , very entertaining. Keep the journey going.
    Glad to hear you got a few laughs in. I was so nervous, I was shitting bricks. Thanks for coming and listening!
    I share the stories of individuals who hunt, gather & protect our wild lands @chasingfoodclub @backcountryhuntersbc

Quote Originally Posted by steve-r View Post
    "We're not anti quad or anti horse or anti anything. We're pro habitat and pro wildlife. I will say one thing though - gun legislation is not on our agenda and won't be."

where does BHA stand on protecting Hunting and Fishing rights?
    Steve-r. We're doing all we can for a small group. We're at the table during the upcoming IMPROVING WILDLIFE MANAGEMENT AND HABITAT CONSERVATION meetings with the Province (as are many outdoor recreation groups). The fellas in the Kootenay's have collaborated and put together a round table of stake holders to help guide habitat and wildlife management in Region 4.

We've set up a letter and met and greet campaign with our region's MLA's and many of our members sit down with their MLA's and tell them hunting and fishing is important to us and we remind those MLA's that we are voters.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Gun legislation does have the potential to affect wildlife. Hunters provide 60-90% of the money used for wildlife management in North America, depending on the jurisdiction. Draconian gun laws that act as a barrier shooting and hunting will inevitably reduce money available for wildlife.
    Gun laws should be the concern of any Hunter-based conservation organization.

325. I don't disagree with your comments. In our case, we're choosing to put the most horsepower into habitat and wildlife. We feel we're better off not diluting the gas in the motor by trying to be everything to every hunter. Hope that helps clarify.

I've asked a lot of questions and always seem to get dodgy answers.
    Hard to get black and white answers from "official" people in my experience.
    Particularly surrounding motorized access and the BHA supporting the Y2Y initiative.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    I've asked a lot of questions and always seem to get dodgy answers.
    Hard to get black and white answers from "official" people in my experience.
    Particularly surrounding motorized access and the BHA supporting the Y2Y initiative.
    I would encourage you to take Mark up on his offer and give him a call, as things can be easily misinterpreted via text.
    Last edited by jennylyyy; 01-22-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    I share the stories of individuals who hunt, gather & protect our wild lands @chasingfoodclub @backcountryhuntersbc

"Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

ElectricDyck

If this is correct any hunter or fisherman should be very wary about any organisation linked to the Pew foundation

325. I don't disagree with your comments. In our case, we're choosing to put the most horsepower into habitat and wildlife. We feel we're better off not diluting the gas in the motor by trying to be everything to every hunter. Hope that helps clarify.

This comment in itself makes me feel uneasy and feels like a deflection, but maybe I will go to the meeting & listen.

Quote Originally Posted by jennylyyy View Post
    I would encourage you to take Mark up on his offer and give him a call, as things can be easily misinterpreted via text.
    With all due respect I disagree, simple yes or no questions should be easily answered.
    The only reason they are being left to interpretation is because they aren't being answered but rather left open ended in Trudeauesque fashion.
    It makes people weary.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    With all due respect I disagree, simple yes or no questions should be easily answered.
    The only reason they are being left to interpretation is because they aren't being answered but rather left open ended in Trudeauesque fashion.
    It makes people weary.
    I dont believe you have asked a direct question on this forum. You're talking about motorized access. Are you looking for more? Are you looking to have less? These are misinterpretations that are problematic on a forum.

As a BHA member for Region 2, I have not seen or heard any discrimination towards a certain way of hunting as long as it is sustainable and not in conflict with other BHA values.

If you have a certain initiative you are passionate about or want to discuss a topic up that BHA might be able to help with, come to a meeting and bring it up with the group. You dont have to be a member to be at a meeting.