Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Bc backcountry hunter angler assoc.

Re: Bc backcountry hunter angler assoc.

To wrap up some loose ends, below is a pointed list of responses to some unanswered questions from earlier posts. I believe I captured or was able to summarize what hasn't been cleared up.
    I am a BC BHA member and reached out to contact the provincial chair for these clarifications and would encourage anyone with further questions to come out to a and see what we do and what we have going on. Meetings occur the second Tuesday. Also look for regional pint nights and events. In BC, quarterly newsletters will become a regular notification for active members. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to participate in the provincial leadership workshop that occurred in January and can honestly say that the leadership for BC BHA consists of a group of outstanding men and women with a lot of passion and a clear vision of the 'big picture' of hunting and angling in British Columbia.

-Do the BHA support predator hunting and trophy hunting? -We support science based wildlife and habitat management for all species. Game and non-game. Predators and non-predators. If the evidence is there to have the hunt, we support it and have submitted this in writing numerous times to the government both in generalization, and in specifics, such as with the grizzly hunt.

-Where does BHA stand on protecting Hunting and Fishing rights? -We protect hunting and wildlife through protecting wildlife and habitat. Clearly outlined in our mission statement:
    Backcountry Hunters & Anglers seeks to ensure North America's outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting, through education and work on behalf of wild public lands, waters, and wildlife.

-Funding sources. -We are a nonprofit organization and are transparent in our funding but are also independent in deciding how that funding is used. 100% of the money raised in BC stays in BC to be spent on BC issues. We are not influenced by the agendas of anyone who may donate to us and strictly represent the mission and values created by the members we represent. Again, our purpose is to ensure the heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting through education and work on behalf of wild, public lands, waters, and wildlife.

-If you want to learn more or have any further questions, please come out in person. We look forward to working with anyone wanting to make a difference in the conservation of hunting and fishing. This year will see a continuation in growth and an increased focus on wildlife and habitat projects and communication. On behalf of regional board members, we look forward to meeting anyone interested in getting involved. While some regions are currently lacking a chairperson, we are currently working to fill those roles to improve physical representation in those areas.

I hope that helps.

Very interested in joining! Just can’t manage frequent trips to the Lower Mainland
    in my spare time. Anything local in the Okanagan happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy91 View Post
    To wrap up some loose ends, below is a pointed list of responses to some unanswered questions from earlier posts. I believe I captured or was able to summarize what hasn't been cleared up.
    I am a BC BHA member and reached out to contact the provincial chair for these clarifications and would encourage anyone with further questions to come out to a and see what we do and what we have going on. Meetings occur the second Tuesday. Also look for regional pint nights and events. In BC, quarterly newsletters will become a regular notification for active members. I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to participate in the provincial leadership workshop that occurred in January and can honestly say that the leadership for BC BHA consists of a group of outstanding men and women with a lot of passion and a clear vision of the 'big picture' of hunting and angling in British Columbia.

-Do the BHA support predator hunting and trophy hunting? -We support science based wildlife and habitat management for all species. Game and non-game. Predators and non-predators. If the evidence is there to have the hunt, we support it and have submitted this in writing numerous times to the government both in generalization, and in specifics, such as with the grizzly hunt.

-Where does BHA stand on protecting Hunting and Fishing rights? -We protect hunting and wildlife through protecting wildlife and habitat. Clearly outlined in our mission statement:
    Backcountry Hunters & Anglers seeks to ensure North America's outdoor heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting, through education and work on behalf of wild public lands, waters, and wildlife.

-Funding sources. -We are a nonprofit organization and are transparent in our funding but are also independent in deciding how that funding is used. 100% of the money raised in BC stays in BC to be spent on BC issues. We are not influenced by the agendas of anyone who may donate to us and strictly represent the mission and values created by the members we represent. Again, our purpose is to ensure the heritage of hunting and fishing in a natural setting through education and work on behalf of wild, public lands, waters, and wildlife.

-If you want to learn more or have any further questions, please come out in person. We look forward to working with anyone wanting to make a difference in the conservation of hunting and fishing. This year will see a continuation in growth and an increased focus on wildlife and habitat projects and communication. On behalf of regional board members, we look forward to meeting anyone interested in getting involved. While some regions are currently lacking a chairperson, we are currently working to fill those roles to improve physical representation in those areas.

I hope that helps.
    Is Justin Trudeau the provincial chair?

I hope that helps.

When is the next meeting or get together in the Fraser Valley? I’ll be in Abbotsford all next week and wouldn’t mind having a listen.

Thanks Leroy, for the post.
    "A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children." John James Audubon

I hope that helps.
    This sounds eerily close to another "conservation" organization her in B.C. IMHO one is more that enough what this province needs is an organization not afraid to stand up for the hunters, anglers and firearm owners of B.C. not make excuses why they won't. Hunters are the true conservationists time to quit conveniently trying to separate the 2 things and make a real difference.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by butcher View Post
    When is the next meeting or get together in the Fraser Valley? I’ll be in Abbotsford all next week and wouldn’t mind having a listen.
    I'd also be interested in having a listen! K

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    This sounds eerily close to another "conservation" organization her in B.C. IMHO one is more that enough what this province needs is an organization not afraid to stand up for the hunters, anglers and firearm owners of B.C. not make excuses why they won't. Hunters are the true conservationists time to quit conveniently trying to separate the 2 things and make a real difference.
    Solution?
    Platform?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    Its time some start putting some real thought into creating an organization to fit the needs you mentioned because one does not exist in BC

I am not joking either

bump bump bump