Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bc backcountry hunter angler assoc.

Re: Bc backcountry hunter angler assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    This highlights concerns of many hunters regarding BHA in Canada.

In Alberta, as I've previously mentioned, BHA has aligned their support with Y2Y in lobbying FOR alienating land from ALL hunting, including within the proposed Bighorn parks.

You say they have done good in this regard, despite stating that you oppose such efforts.

Can you not see the contradiction?

I'll bet on BHA BC finding themselves stuck between alienating Hunters or Y2Y within a couple of years. You can't have it both ways.

I recognize BHA as being young with the need to wander and learn.
    But I will still tell a kid to not pet the dirty cat in hopes they can avoid learning the hard way.
    I'd recommend contacting the Alberta board with any questions, concerns, or comments.

Not much will come from posting anonymously on a message board.

alberta@backcountryhunters.org

Due to being relatively new to BC and the still small-ish size, compared to an organization like BCWF, the Region 2 Chapter can hear an individuals issue or thoughts and then can be discussed in detail. Through these discussions and as a group we can and have made decisions on which we can positively affect for hunters and wildlife in BC. In my experience with the BHA there has been very little to no influence from the Alberta chapter or the US chapters. I’m not saying that BHA as an organization doesn’t support initiatives or other organizations, but as a chapter we have made decisions on the direction we want to go in. All the individuals on here that have apprehensions, I invite you to come to a meeting, ask questions and decide for yourself.

Sorry I if I missed it but besides region 2&4 where are there currently chapters?

Id like to see the group venture up into region 6. Anything could be better than what we have now...

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    Id like to see the group venture up into region 6. Anything could be better than what we have now...
    On their website it says one of the board members is from the Bulkley Valley?

Is there info on who it is? Id like to ask him a few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    Is there info on who it is? Id like to ask him a few questions
    Warren Pali

There seem to be plenty on here who are connected with the BHA organisation but none want to answer my legitimate questions regarding firearms & most importantly any affiliation with the PEW Foundation.

If there is no affiliation between the Pew Foundation & BHA then simply say so what is so difficult about this question and why does no one want to answer?

For anyone else out there look at the PEW Foundation and their goals one of which would be a complete closure of ALL hunting & fishing in North America, I wonder if any of their influence went into the Grizzly closure?

Look at the damage they have already done in the US regarding closures.

Please note I am not against the BHA and would really like to join, work with & support a group that has the interests of hunters and fishermen at their core but if any group is connected with the PEW foundation in any way then this group is most definitely not for hunters or fishermen.

Was wondering who the PEW Foundation is -
    - found this description at https://www.influencewatch.org/non-p...itable-trusts/

"Pew, working with the Moore, Hewlett, and Packard foundations, has also been heavily involved in slowing down oil production in Canada. Brian Seasholes, drawing on the work of Canadian blogger and National Post columnist Vivian Krause, calculates that Pew spend $57.2 million between 1997 and 2011 on anti-oil sands activities, of which the bulk ($48.7 million) went to Ducks Unlimited, which then passed some of its grants back to Pew. Seasholes showed that most of the groups opposed to development of Canada’s boreal forest (where the oil sands are located) were either divisions of Pew or largely controlled by Pew."

Noteworthy that the PEW family fortune was made from their company Sun Oil.