Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bc backcountry hunter angler assoc.

Re: Bc backcountry hunter angler assoc.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    But isn’t the wss mostly concerned with sheep?
    The WSSBC is definitely focused on sheep, but the Hunter Heritage campaign is not focused on sheep or any other species, but rather educating the non-hunting public
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    The WSSBC is definitely focused on sheep, but the Hunter Heritage campaign is not focused on sheep or any other species, but rather educating the non-hunting public
    Too bad the WSSBC focuses primarily on sheep because they hold great potential but the heritage campaign is a big plus from the WSSBC

that's the issue we face here in BC.
    WSS is there for the sheep.
    BCWF, really is for wildlife.
    Both comprise of memberships of mostly all being hunters.
    But, they are set in the mandate they were created for.
    Having a BC Hunter Association is what is missing.

That being said though, it seems that there are just too many "difference of opinions" out there to actually
    make an organization like that actually work.
    Atleast from years of looking at all the threads just on here, we have are hard time staying "united"" anyways.
    Anti's seem to have "one goal", thus their focus is all the same.

Even from one gun club to the next, there is broad differences to what direction things should go, like
    what the hunting regs should be etc etc.

Wish I had an answer for this, but the only thing is to atleast "try" to have such an organization.
    Before it is "too late".

I think some people are getting hung up on "what can (organization name) do for me?"

We should probably focus on " what can I do for (organization name) to help benefit (thing I'm passionate about)?

Anti hunting organizations aren't successful because they benefit the members, they are successful because they benefit the cause they are fighting for.

We can argue for hunting rights and gun laws all we like, but if there is NO animals or NO places to hunt what are you gonna do with all your guns and hunting rights.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispryn View Post
    I think some people are getting hung up on "what can (organization name) do for me?"

We should probably focus on " what can I do for (organization name) to help benefit (thing I'm passionate about)?

Anti hunting organizations aren't successful because they benefit the members, they are successful because they benefit the cause they are fighting for.

We can argue for hunting rights and gun laws all we like, but if there is NO animals or NO places to hunt what are you gonna do with all your guns and hunting rights.

Chris
    So the BCWF and the BHA are on the same general path from what you are saying so in the end hunters don’t need two organization to accomplish this.

Basically why hunters are asking where the BHA stands on issues is because that is what they see a need for. This is what they see is missing for hunting in BC

Told the BCWF Guys the same thing you want the support stop telling hunters what they need and listen to what hunters are asking for
    Last edited by Wild one; 01-23-2019 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    So the BCWF and the BHA are on the same general path from what you are saying so in the end hunters don’t need two organization to accomplish this.

Basically why hunters are asking where the BHA stands on issues is because that is what they see a need for. This is what they see is missing for hunting in BC

Told the BCWF Guys the same thing you want the support stop telling hunters what they need and listen to what hunters are asking for
    Why don't you start a BC Hunters Association? It's really not that hard to start a non-profit.

If BHA or BCWF aren't what you want. Form the group you do want.

WSSBC is doing something great. But it can't be a long term solution. BC needs a Hunters Association.

So if you (not directed at WO, but anyone reading this), aren't actively involved with a current group....that leaves you to form the new one!

I don't mean that as an attack either. All the guys that are INCREDIBLY knowledgeable in BC Hunting who don't like what they are seeing happen... start a thread.. gather volunteers and get something going. I genuinely believe on this site alone, are the right people to do the job. At some point one of you just gotta get the ball rolling..

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan f. View Post
    Why don't you start a BC Hunters Association? It's really not that hard to start a non-profit.

If BHA or BCWF aren't what you want. Form the group you do want.

WSSBC is doing something great. But it can't be a long term solution. BC needs a Hunters Association.

So if you (not directed at WO, but anyone reading this), aren't actively involved with a current group....that leaves you to form the new one!
    I was actually approached by a number of people over this in the last year and sadly there was a common theme with most. They had a personal vendetta with someone or wanted revenge with another user group and with those reasons I would not get involved

In the last few months I decided I will be moving out of BC before next fall so not going to start something I won’t be there to finish

WSSBC is laser focused on what they do. The dollars they spend are dollars DIRECTLY affecting their goals. Their goals are my goals. That is why I am a member with them. Sometimes, being too much to too many is counter-productive. I would suggest joining their membership if their goals line up with yours. While the group that you are looking to join may not exist yet, having a great group like the WSS succeed and then be emulated is a win-win. Maybe Wild Mulies of BC or Wild Elk of BC, etc can be started. This way, groups can stay focused on their business, with colaboration on larger projects. That would be great! Creating this is definitely out of my wheel-house though. Hopefully this is not too off topic...

What about Safari Club International West Coast Chapter?
    https://www.onlinehuntingauctions.co...Chapter_ae2348