Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spring bear back from taxidermist

Re: Spring bear back from taxidermist

Thanks for the $ reference.Personally, I'm not a trophy hunter and if I did take an animal that was worthy of trophy status, I don't think I would have it mounted. I guess I would do a Euro mount and hang that in my garage - that's as close as my wife would accept to having taxidermy in the house. I not into spending money on the mounts - the trophy for my is the memory in my mind and the enjoyment of the meat harvested.

My kid, on the other hand, really likes taxidermy and wants a big elk over his bed, bears on the wall and even wants to have a coat made from cougar. $1800 for the bear is going to help put thing into perspective for him - lol.

I can appreciate the drive for trophy class animals and the desire to display them. I really like seeing animals with character features and I like seeing perfect specimens as well.

This bears face is pretty cool looking to me - it has a "tough" male bear look that I like. The beauty scars around the eye add to the appeal. Nice and practical display.

Man...
    thats a great mount dude.

Good luck to you this spring!

ps..
    good touch with the arrow hanging too.

Fantastic
    Last edited by RackStar; 01-22-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Nice looking rug. I might have to try that one day (if I win the lotto) I usually just hack off some hair/fur for fly tying (makes great buggy looking stonies)
    Cool idea. Definitely sounds like a stack and a half but if you put 400 down the day you drop your bear off and put away 50 a week after that it will pretty much be paid for by the time it's done. Sure you could buy a lot of beer and burgers with that but I haven't second guessed this purchase once and usually dropping almost 2 grand would have me counting the other ways I could have spent it for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Rieber View Post
    Thanks for the $ reference.Personally, I'm not a trophy hunter and if I did take an animal that was worthy of trophy status, I don't think I would have it mounted. I guess I would do a Euro mount and hang that in my garage - that's as close as my wife would accept to having taxidermy in the house. I not into spending money on the mounts - the trophy for my is the memory in my mind and the enjoyment of the meat harvested.

My kid, on the other hand, really likes taxidermy and wants a big elk over his bed, bears on the wall and even wants to have a coat made from cougar. $1800 for the bear is going to help put thing into perspective for him - lol.

I can appreciate the drive for trophy class animals and the desire to display them. I really like seeing animals with character features and I like seeing perfect specimens as well.

This bears face is pretty cool looking to me - it has a "tough" male bear look that I like. The beauty scars around the eye add to the appeal. Nice and practical display.
    If my son had his way this guy would have been a coat as well, guess the kids are more in touch with their primal roots than us old farts. Better tell the kid to get a part time job though, ideally at a taxidermy studio lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RackStar View Post
    Man...
    thats a great mount dude.

Good luck to you this spring!

ps..
    good touch with the arrow hanging too.

Fantastic
    Thanks brother, good luck to you as well!
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Just got my 2019 Spring bear 1/2 mount back.

https://ibb.co/q176q9x
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Nice job, looks great. But ... is that a lava lamp? That's going back some ...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nature always bats last.

Looks great man. Money well spent!

Looks great!