Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orca ‘study’

Re: Orca ‘study’

.also stop the harvest of herring roe
    Good idea because just about everything that lives in the salt water eat herring or needle fish.

I like "Orca", so much more positive than "Killer Whale"..gives me the warm and fuzzies inside!
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

I think pinks mainly eat plantation and other small stuff,whereas coho and chinooks eat herring

Quote Originally Posted by ratherbefishin View Post
    I think pinks mainly eat plantation and other small stuff,whereas coho and chinooks eat herring
    BINGO!! We have a Winner!!!

We’re seeing lots of bait on the screen, so not sure what exactly is the problem...they could shut down the herring fishery though, it’s not the big money maker it used to be ($6000 a ton down to $150) so it wouldn’t be any big loss to the industry and might increase the Chinook population and maybe even the average size which is way down ( the once common 30-40 pound fish are now teens and 20’s)
    Last edited by ratherbefishin; 01-23-2019 at 10:05 AM.