Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ice Fishing Bridge lake wy24

Ice Fishing Bridge lake wy24

Howdy gang.

I love Ice fishing, its exhilarating. I am planning to head to bridge lake on hwy 24 in the near future and have all the gear I need for kokanee, lakers and burbot and bows. Ive been there before and couldnt locate many fish although we did see a massive laker down deep. I am just wondering where to start looking depth wise, Im not asking for your honey holes just what depths to find each species on bridge as Ive fished for them all before elsewhere. I plan to do at least one two day/overnight on the lake once I find a good area nd day trips before that. Im walking on the ice but willing to walk a great distance for the big fishes rumoured to live in the depths, If you have any tips for bridge Id love to hear them, if you would recommend a different lake Im all ears, you can PM me and I wont tell facebook I swear, Im happy to share any knowledge of the fruitloops area lakes summer or winter.

Hope your guns are still getting loved, your lines are tight and the new year is treating you well.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Ice Fishing Bridge lake wy24

My brother who lives at 83 mile would take me to the public parking by the end of Bell road and we would walk off the point always ... couple holes and drop a buzz bomb to the bottom .. bring it up a reel or two and start jiggin ... been awhile tho .... sounds like a damn good idea ... I’m going to give him a call and see what’s happening up there .. : ) Good luck
    Last edited by Ferenc; 01-19-2019 at 01:28 AM.

(wintertime:...no crickets......no crickets.....no crickets....) Awefully quiet around here, the fishing must be as good as I have heard. Ill drop down some classics and hopefully bring up some meat. I will report back.

Anyone have an ice report for this year ? Planning to fish bridge for a couple days over the New Years.

thanks!

Ice on Bridge is not safe yet... It's getting colder though.
    Guys out on Sheridan with sleds, quads and side by sides... about 8" of ice at the west end of the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by RyoTHC View Post
    Anyone have an ice report for this year ? Planning to fish bridge for a couple days over the New Years.

thanks!

I don’t plan to head up until New Year’s Day, hopefully this cold snap will solidify stuff a bit ! Will jump onto the smaller water if we need to.. thanks for the heads up!

really just hunting for burbot and whitefish this winter have plenty of trout and the like.

My take on laker lakes is find a stream that is still flowing into the lake. Use a fishfinder that reads minnows. Park your butt on 4+ inches of ice at 50+ feet of water and go to town. My laker lakes are open water still around Horsefly. Read anxious to get out.
    My laker lakes have a sockeye salmon smolt/minnow explosion flowing through the 50 foot depth in January.
    Merry Christmas Boys and Girls.
    The challenge of retirement is how to spend time without spending money.
    The worst day slinging lead is still better than the best day working.
    Look around is there someone you can introduce to shooting because that’s the only way we will buck the anti gun trend sweeping Canada! "tigrr 2006"

On bridge ( once it’s good and frozen) look for the mess of ice fishing tents out in the middle and fish by them. For Kokanee the more flashers in the water the better.

was out on a smaller lake this morning for an hour or so and got a couple nice brook trout. The small lakes have been frozen for a month or so but the Larger one are just starting.

Go to Ross Rd access. About 120 yards out in 12-20’ for kokanee. RJ should chime in, used to be his back yard. Literally.

Fishing is real slow right now, maybe has to do with short days or the moon cycle. Having said that, I picked up an 11 pd 9 oz rainbow in one of the trophy lakes in the area a couple of weeks ago. I mostly focus on rainbows, but heard it's really slow with the kokanee as well. Still waiting for sufficient ice on the big lakes for lakers as other have said. Still, being on the ice waiting for the bit is the best thing going. The best to all in the New Year!