Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Winner Is!!

Re: The Winner Is!!

Thanks again to all those who donated. I think ~110 people donated and we raised about $10,500, which helps a great deal. The money will be wisely spent.

As grateful as I am to those who donated, I am a little surprised this HBC branch of the campaign didn’t glean more support given the almost universal sentiment expressed on here that somebody needs to advocate for our hunting heritage. Any advice from those who didn’t donate as to why? I’m genuinely curious.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    Thanks again to all those who donated. I think ~110 people donated and we raised about $10,500, which helps a great deal. The money will be wisely spent.

As grateful as I am to those who donated, I am a little surprised this HBC branch of the campaign didn’t glean more support given the almost universal sentiment expressed on here that somebody needs to advocate for our hunting heritage. Any advice from those who didn’t donate as to why? I’m genuinely curious.
    Congrats to the winner!

No idea what contest you are talking about and this is the first I heard of one. Therefore, I didn't participate. Hope that helps.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post

I will take a stab at the reasons it wasn’t more successful, it was run over Christmas, it really is just in its inception and not very well advertised or known about aside from your diligence here on HBC and on Facebook,

the other thing is they were asking for $100 of disposable income which can be a lot to ask for especially at Christmas time,

I know in the big scheme of things it’s just the price of a tank of gas now a days and if you put things in perspective for the protection of our way of life as a hunter it’s not much to ask for.

325 thanks again for your efforts and all you do for Hunting in BC
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    Congrats to the winner!

No idea what contest you are talking about and this is the first I heard of one. Therefore, I didn't participate. Hope that helps.
    X2. I'm not on here a whole bunch but would gladly buy a raffle ticket in the future. Unfortunately I don't do that computer money transfer stuff.

Congrats to the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post
    I will take a stab at the reasons it wasn’t more successful, it was run over Christmas, it really is just in its inception and not very well advertised or known about aside from your diligence here on HBC and on Facebook,

the other thing is they were asking for $100 of disposable income which can be a lot to ask for especially at Christmas time,

I know in the big scheme of things it’s just the price of a tank of gas now a days and if you put things in perspective for the protection of our way of life as a hunter it’s not much to ask for.

325 thanks again for your efforts and all you do for Hunting in BC
    Good points. $100 might be a fairly large ask for some.
    After the official public launch in the spring, folks will see the great stuff going on behind the scenes. I’m sure at that point it will be much easier to rally the troops.

And again, a big thanks to all those who donated. Every dollar makes a difference!
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever