Thread: Northern any elk draw

Northern any elk draw

My brother has an any elk LEH and was hoping to get up chetwynd area end of Jan early feb,
    Was just curious how things were looking up there? Weather wise etc
    Were prob bringing the SxS with track kit and tires as spares.
    Wheel around an try to find him an elk.
    Any elk being seen up there?
    Last edited by 1 shot 1 kill; 01-17-2019 at 09:15 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Northern any elk draw

There will be elk around. You’re brother has a very coveted draw, there’s some very good bulls taken up there every year in the late season. Lots of cows around also, but if he wanted a cow, he’d have applied for the antlerless draw with way better odds.....

im in dawson creek currently and weather has been odd. 6*c rain yesterday. lost of snow has melted so razor with tracks should be no problem. i haven't hunted elk around chetwyn to much but lone prairie power lines might be a good place to start? id imagine lots of elk are herded up on some nice private farmer fields though.

Quote Originally Posted by madcalfe View Post
    im in dawson creek currently and weather has been odd. 6*c rain yesterday. lost of snow has melted so razor with tracks should be no problem. i haven't hunted elk around chetwyn to much but lone prairie power lines might be a good place to start? id imagine lots of elk are herded up on some nice private farmer fields though.
    Thanks for the weather update madcalfe,
    Were gonna wait till next week once the weather turns cold again.
    Called around..or tried to..got the cold shoulder from all hunting shops etc in regards to info on land owners, and snow pack levels
    .not a big deal as we hadn't planned hunting farms anyways.