Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Cutting Boards for butchering

Re: Large Cutting Boards for butchering

Puck board/ rink board is cheap - 4x8 sheets. RONA shows it at $ 77 online.

Folding plastic table from Canadian tire. Working area is about 30" x 66". For around $50 it's awesome. I place 4" wood pieces under the legs to get it up a bit so my back isn't soar after cutting for a couple hours but other than that it is great. Cleans up nice and easy. Sturdy and holds half a moose no problem. Wipe down with bleach, soapy water then a clean water spray off or wipe down. Fold up and store away for next use. Folds to 30"x30" x 5". Or so....

I was in bass pro today and they had some about 2' x 3'-6" did not look at price

also there is wholesale club or something like that just east of metrotown mall about 2' x 2' $30 each

Quote Originally Posted by tinhorse View Post
    Folding plastic table from Canadian tire. Working area is about 30" x 66". For around $50 it's awesome. I place 4" wood pieces under the legs to get it up a bit so my back isn't soar after cutting for a couple hours but other than that it is great. Cleans up nice and easy. Sturdy and holds half a moose no problem. Wipe down with bleach, soapy water then a clean water spray off or wipe down. Fold up and store away for next use. Folds to 30"x30" x 5". Or so....
    Best way to go right there.

Great minds.. Sometimes I tape down some freezer paper or parchment paper to make clean up easier. I bought it as a camp table but works great for butchering too.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

i would try laird plastics in surrey. This is where industrial plastics buys it from and most kitchen supplier get it from. You can get it anywhere from 1/4 up to 2 inches and its food grade. It's a bit pricey 4' by 10' by 3/4" is about $450, but you can order different sizes.

I use basically the same but paid about $100 from Costco. Works great!

I have one 3’x3’ use it for processing in the garage fish, game messy stuff, or take it and put it on the island in the kitchen when canning etc. Multi purpose. Surrey plastics, ( couple of doors from the old fur and feathers) or Rimac in Vancouver.
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

Plywood. Bleach, cut meat, repeat.
    tests show that wood cutting boards are more sanitary than plastic do to natural bacteria killers in the wood. I believe that was on marketplace or Mith Buster's I can't remember.
    Last edited by MRP; 01-18-2019 at 06:59 AM.
    No one on their death bed ever said; I should have spent more time at work.

Quote Originally Posted by scoutlt1 View Post
    I use basically the same but paid about $100 from Costco. Works great!
    I like the costco one because the leg height is adjustable and the table can be at a comfortable height without blocks under the legs.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?