Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Short getaway looking for yotes

Short getaway looking for yotes

Myself and my hunting partner took off early Sunday morning until Monday in search of some predators. As luck would have it I got smacked with a nasty flu that very morning so it wasn’t nearly as fun as it could have been. Didn’t manage to put anything down however had fun getting the responses to the fox pro, seems I need to dial in how to get the little devils to show themselves. Seen a couple at 600 or so yards and another couple on private land. Here are some photos, the weather sure was beautiful, I only wish I could have spent more time out there and less time glued to the bed and toilet.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Short getaway looking for yotes

Nice pictures!

You're not sitting out in the open are you? On your stool?

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    Nice pictures!

You're not sitting out in the open are you? On your stool?
    A ground blind and the buddy heater would have been a wise decision. We tucked against what cover we could come by. Pretty confident that may have been one of the few issues lol

Nice pics. Always good to stick to the shadows. Watch your setups, make sure downwind is in the open and not where you're expecting the coyotes to appear from.
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

^ Good advice above about wind

Instead of a stool I sit on a foam pad on the ground. Usually back into a tree and sit in the shadow of the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    Nice pics. Always good to stick to the shadows. Watch your setups, make sure downwind is in the open and not where you're expecting the coyotes to appear from.

We had many going bonkers right in the area, would come to the edge of where we would be able to crack a shot and they would just know it and not come any further. Certainly much smarter than I initially figured-Makes it that much more fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wentrot View Post
    We had many going bonkers right in the area, would come to the edge of where we would be able to crack a shot and they would just know it and not come any further. Certainly much smarter than I initially figured-Makes it that much more fun though.
    They are probably seeing you.

The worst part of that is they are learning too. Makes it harder to fool them next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    They are probably seeing you.

The worst part of that is they are learning too. Makes it harder to fool them next time.
    Lessons were certainly learned by both sides on this one. Will be better prepared the next go around.

Real nice pics. Nice to see mom and the calf in good looking shape half way through winter already. Looks like yote country to me alright
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this