From Steve Isdahl:

"This a quick and IMPORTANT message to all in British Columbia who may be concerned. And PLEASE share this with anyone who may or should be informed.
Last winter it came to my attention the BC gov was taking yet more hunting opportunity away from BC resident hunters with 'helping mule deer numbers' as the motive and to 'show us' they are doing something. Well, I KNOW %100 this does NOTHING ( and so does the ministry).

I cancelled a global trip which was planned ( very angrily) and spear headed a remedy which I already proved works in the past.

Who attacked me? 'some' hunters, many non hunters, 'some' members of the cattleman's association, a couple of their trappers, various anti hunting groups, even a trap association president from Van isl, some BCWF chapter board members. Did it stop me? Not an effing chance. 'IF' you came onto me, you got it BACK %500. ( then many of them sniveled after). And take note to all who came onto ME, you came onto me FIRST, I never came onto you, reap what you sew, moving along.

Myself along with many BC resident hunters made a direct and very effective effort to level out, or correct, a major imbalance which was and still IS man made. Man made by %100 of every living human here today, ( this isn't a hunter issue, its a 'human foot print' issue). It was and still IS very clear that concerned outdoors people are the #1 and only effective remedy to the problem and we HAD TO do something - NOW.

Well, we did it.

I just returned from seeing first hand exactly what WE did instantly and in less than one year. This didn't take an $80 or $100 thousand dollar 3 year study either.
The people who SHOULD BE listened to have already clearly told all of us ( and non stop for years) exactly what is going on out there and what needs to be done. Sadly, we have been conditioned some how to 'think'' that 'someone has to do something' instead of "LETS FIX THIS".

Here is a quick example I can ( again) give to you all FIRST HAND which means WE did this and THIS is what happened.

As an example, reg 3-32 was absolutely over run by surplus wolves. Very few big horn lambs were in view, ( none to be accurate), deer and sheep carcasses were found on the ice 'all over and new daily', wolf sightings were off the chart. WE ( after a quick decision, as in 2 days) acquired permision to trap and we removed close to two dozen surplus wolves from here alone. We also removed close to that in surplus coyotes.
This fall I received numerous reports of, "the most lambs we have seen in years" ( big horn sheep) and the "least wolf sign in years". ( I do not hunt there myself, take note).

I went out there myself the last couple days and just returned. The first thing I saw was a group of sheep with numerous lambs. I also noted that %95 of the tracks I saw in the snow were deer and sheep ( and they were all over). I did find sign of a pack of about 6 to 8 wolves. ( that is a healthy number, which is also GOOD for the wolves).
SO, now we have a large number of new big horn sheep who have a great chance to reach maturity, a large number of deer and moose who will ave an excellent chance of hitting maturity and a healthy number of wolves ( we NEVER set out to "kill them all").

Hows THAT for fast action, zero political BS, ZERO tens of thousands of dollars spent of tax payer money to do a 'study' while populations deplete at a ridiculous fast rate.
I/we PROVED once again that we CAN make a difference quickly, it IS THE ANSWER and it is what we have to do. Not only in reg 3 but all of BC.

The FACT is, our human foot print has created numerous imbalances, its just the way it is. People who are NOT scared of public ridicule and make the wildlife the #1 concern OVER TOP OF concern of ridicule, can and will and do make a huge difference and make it BEFORE its 'too late' ( ask the caribou on how that works out).
We will be organizing again soon with various people and possibly a large conservation group within the next couple weeks. I'll keep all informed on news and what EVERYONE can do 'now' where it is badly needed.

Thanks to every single one of you who supported this and still do, YOU are the answer, YOU all made a huge instant difference !!!

Take note, ALL species benefit from this, including the predators. WE created an imbalance, WE have to correct it and do it IN TIME, NOT when its a serious issue.

Please share this where it may be of use to where help is needed.

Please note, in my 250 plus days in the field last year the number of people from ANY group including the ministry I saw looking into the health of the various populations were ZERO- that is NONE. ( sadly, as usual in the various MU's I tread). The only activity I saw first hand and know of is gov employee's taking a full time cheque to study grizzly bears and wolverine where they are NOT hunted, trapped nor threatened. Meanwhile across the province........"

Quite apparently a little more than "beer money" involved here as some would have you believe...

Cheers,
Nog