Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ProGuide Update

Re: ProGuide Update

Good man doing good work.

Now knock it off with the blacktail tips!
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

I give the man credit when it comes to the predator control issue he is putting in effort beyond pushing the government to deal with it

Sounds like some true research and true results.

How can we help and support.
    I'll do what I can to hunt predators however I don't trap.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Definitely, a big thank you.
    Now we need someone in the area west of Kammy Lake to take care of the packs around there.

Steve is a class act. Light years ahead when it comes to identifying the problem, the cause and fix while demonstrating it in the field first hand, leading by example.

I see the debate go in circles when conservationists speak about ecosystem balance and the counter "argument" is "well if the imbalance is human caused, humans are the problem and that needs to be addressed". While there could be an element of truth there (we could do better) it is hypocritical for anyone to type such statements from a computer, from low rise wood frame condo in North Van on top of a salmon spawning stream in ungulate wintering habitat. If they were willing to relocate to a mud shack, forage wild edibles and not use any products derived from forestry or mining and were speaking out against this rush to increase Canada's population, then we could entertain fairy tales about natural balance.

I think Steve Rinella mentioned in an interview that he has found discussion regarding ecosystem balance is one of the least popular/accepted concepts from neutral parties when it comes to "reasons for hunting". This needs to change. It would be neat to see Steve Isdahl on Joe Rogan so his message could reach more people.

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Steve is a class act. Light years ahead when it comes to identifying the problem, the cause and fix while demonstrating it in the field first hand, leading by example.

I see the debate go in circles when conservationists speak about ecosystem balance and the counter "argument" is "well if the imbalance is human caused, humans are the problem and that needs to be addressed". While there could be an element of truth there (we could do better) it is hypocritical for anyone to type such statements from a computer, from low rise wood frame condo in North Van on top of a salmon spawning stream in ungulate wintering habitat. If they were willing to relocate to a mud shack, forage wild edibles and not use any products derived from forestry or mining and were speaking out against this rush to increase Canada's population, then we could entertain fairy tales about natural balance.

I think Steve Rinella mentioned in an interview that he has found discussion regarding ecosystem balance is one of the least popular/accepted concepts from neutral parties when it comes to "reasons for hunting". This needs to change. It would be neat to see Steve Isdahl on Joe Rogan so his message could reach more people.
    I second that. I would love to see him on Joe Rogan. Steve's ability to expess his beliefs with such enthusiasm and humour. It would be a great match.

Excellent work Steve ! Joe Rogan would be a great celebrity advocate to have in his corner for sure !

I suppose nobody here has access to Rogan peoples? Maybe some social media gurus that can get it done on Twitter or Instagram with the right hashtagging?

Thumbs down Re: ProGuide Update

Most of us here understand and appreciate Steve's above and beyond efforts.
    Not the case for everyone, for it seems there is always a hater or two.

In that light, the following is what everyone's favorite rancher (gcreek) has to say on the matter:

“Interesting Mike ( referring to bearvalley), how a member (referring to myself) continually tries to pick a scrap by posting anecdotal evidence posted by a known user of the wolf bounty system of northern B.C., a person whose so called Canine Efforts netted a couple of pictured wolves and several photos of coyotes. A person who called all ranchers the dregs of the earth and turned down the possibility of becoming a predator mitigation under BCCA...... Could this possibly be because said expert might have to show proof of success? Quite impressive for some who don’t know the difference, especially one whose accompany hunts border on the edge of illegal guiding!”

“If others would care to merrily follow what I will refer to as a foul mouthed misleading individual it is a free country. His partner has admitted only one wolf caught this trapping season and that they are pulling stakes to hopefully have better luck in a new area.

As a lot of the sheep country on the east side of the Fraser is owned or used by the cattlemen that he so violently berated last year, I wonder who let him through their gates? I know most of them and have heard no word of significant drop in wolf population in that area. If Mr. Proguide is so successful, let's see some actual proof other than piles of coyotes. Talk about me being insinuating...……….

As Turnagain mentioned, mutual friends of ours have been contracted by MOE for two years previous now to remove predators from the Churn Creek area to help the sheep out. Could it be that these fellows who I know are extremely successful professionals are more to thank for the increase in lamb survivability?

To be truthful, I have never met Mr. Isdahl, nor do I care to. Enough of my respected friends have given me their opinion and that is sufficient.”
    Shouldn’t be too difficult to find out how many royalties were paid by your buddy and his partner. All trappers have to pay them.

I know for a fact that a big percentage of the increase in sheep on the Fraser is due to two other individuals than PG. I believe PG has caught some wolves. I also believe there was some bs at work when last year’s so called wolf removal became “canine removal” with many pictures of dead coyotes and not many of wolves. PG has been very vocal about hunters and trappers not hiding dead predators from the public, why the secrecy then?
    There is also the issue of the B.C. Ungulate Foundation that gladly accepted donations last winter. As of 6 weeks ago it still hasn’t been registered with the Societies Act.

Am I suspicious of bullshyte? You bet I am!”

I have of course called him out on this matter. I suspect more drivel will follow...

Any who want the links to this bullshit, feel free to ask...

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me