Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Hunting Season

2018 Hunting Season

Sorry, haven't had time to do proper write ups, but figured i might as well post. 2018 was a rough one for me, but at least it was a great hunting season.

First up, Youth Season! On her 4th trip out Hailey was starting to get discouraged between not being able to get set up fast enough on a few decent bucks and spooky grouse. It all came together, we still hunted into a patch we saw this little guy go into. She dropped him in his tracks at 20y with her 7mm-08. I couldn't have been happier, not sure if she was more excited about her first deer or her first grouse though!

I managed to get out for a few days of archery season as well. After a few slow sits on the stand i decided to for a walk and do some calling. I had this guy answer a bugle and then charge in screaming at my cow calls. He might have run me over if I let him, but i shot him at less than 15 yards. Brutal pack out!

I took a bit of a break, but my buddy came out for the opening weekend of antlerless white tail to have a nice relaxing hunt. We say a ton of deer the first night but not shots on does without little ones. Next morning was crappy weather and the deer were laying low. We were driving along and i could not believe my eyes, the elusive road 6pt....i have heard stories, but never thought i would experience it. I told my buddy to get set up while i counted again, yup 6. My buddy proceed to drop him in his tracks, we could almost drive the truck to it! That was a fluke but we will take it.

Last edited by Rhyno; 01-15-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    KCCO

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2018 Hunting Season

Hailey did a great job on getting a few grouse and a beauty deer. Tell her way to go. Its nice to see the youth interested in hunting.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

I almost forgot about this guy! This was literally a 5 minutes hunt. Park truck, walk 100m, lift the binos twice, see nice colour phase, boom. I just got the hide back from the tannery, its beautiful.

KCCO

Looks like a great season spent with family and friends! Nothing like building solid memories with your kids. Good job!!!

Great season buddy! Was super happy to see Hailey do great this year!

Congrats looks like a fantastic season. Thanks for sharing.

Great pics love taking my girls out.

Here is a little slide show I put together of my 2018 hunting season. My little girl watches it every night before bed she’s so excited to come hunt the mountains with me and I cannot wait for it.

https://youtu.be/Lg5KVOw8aRA
    Last edited by Astepanuk; 01-15-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Well done and big smiles on the kids...can’t beat that...
    Live to Hunt...

A very good season for sure, congrats!

Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves well except your faceless partner