Thread: Weekend trail cam hike with the kid

Weekend trail cam hike with the kid

Hiked in to check one of our trail cams and set up a new one in region 2 Saturday, my 9 year old tagged along as well. Was definitely cold and wet but the area sure is beautiful this time of year. No bucks or bulls on this camera all season but one real bruiser of a bear, pretty sure the 3rd bear is the same one I had at 60 yards in October but wasn't able to put in the freezer. Should have got a better video of how I lock up my cams, lots of people seem to be hesitant to put cameras up on public land and yes, theft is always a possibility but you would be surprised at how few people actually leave the road and out of the 2 people that actually did walk by over the year neither of them noticed the camera.

Last edited by 45freezer; 01-15-2019 at 09:34 AM.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Weekend trail cam hike with the kid

Cool vid. Those animals are going to and from some place. I hope you can dial it in and figure it out. What's in the squirt bottle?

Lots of bob cats very cool

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Cool vid. Those animals are going to and from some place. I hope you can dial it in and figure it out. What's in the squirt bottle?
    Slowly starting to figure the area out a bit better, still have to locate that feeding area but I think I do have an idea of where it is and a theory about why the bears only seem to travel that creek bed heading north, going to spend some serious time getting more familiar with the pocket in the spring. "Smoke in a bottle," pretty sure it's just chalk powder, super handy for double checking your wind though...of course you can always do the same thing with pine needles or sand but it's cheap so I always keep a bottle handy in my bino harness.
    "You can learn more about hunting with a bow in a week than you could in a lifetime of gun hunting" - Fred Bear

Nice video liked how you had your son along good teaching for him.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Keep up the good work with your son...my little guy also likes setting up cams...