Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Safes

Re: Gun Safes

Any update on your search? I'm in the market as well.

I am now leaning towards two smaller chesper safes. Easier to move around asnd take with you if you move and I can put the rifles in one and the shotguns in the other, plus some ammo etc.

I discussed with my insurance company and since my guns are covered, I am not so worried about getting a big fancy tamper proof safe. Not that I am going to use tin can Stack-ons for safes, but will look at smaller 10-12 gun safes and mount them in places that make it hard to access.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Hard to access or hard to find. Not always that easy to do but, if they can’t find it they can’t break into it.

Either spend 5g on safe or invest in home security, alarms, cameras, lights, locks ext. Honestly the home security is a better deterrent imho
    Originally Posted by lip_ripper00
    Don't argue with an idiot, you will be dragged down to his level and beaten by experiance
    Originally Posted by bearhunter338-06
    Problem is easy to fix........Sell Chevy buy Dodge problem fixed..................

In buying a safe the thing to consider are you worried about fire and children access in or about theft? I know this may seem obvious but if you want a true anti theft safe you are playing in a different area of cost.

A lot of safes give the appearance of being super safe by thick steel door and walls. In reality to accomplish this appearance and keep cost down light gauge steel (like your gun cabinet) wrapped around drywall . Easy to make 3/16” steel look impressive when you wrap it around ½” Drywall. Often these safes also have larger tolerance around the doors and shorter pins making them more vulnerable to prying attack. 12 locking pins won't do any good if they are to short to be effective.

The good news is that most break won't access a safe unless the opportunity is easy and quick ie: they can lift it up and take it with them or there are tools onsite to open it up. So #1 Bolt the safe down, weight also helps. #2 Don't store your tools beside your safe.

Here are three informative links I’ve found in my search for a safe. They all give similar information.

http://www.6mmbr.com/gunsafes.html#locks

https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/A...s_/46-265373/?

http://www.brownsafe.com/categories/...on_Levels.html
    Last edited by Tred; 02-24-2019 at 10:11 AM.