Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Safes

Gun Safes

I am starting my quest for a new gun safe. My old tin can is full and I want to upgrade to a better tin can.

I have been doing the research (even on here.....), watching all the "why you need to buy this one or why you should not buy these ones" YouTube vids as well as reading up on the differences between Residential Security Container (RSC) and a true safe (who knew that most of it is just a rating....)

I am looking at a "safe" that will hold up to a 10-12 long guns, along with ammo, some personal items as well as what my wife thinks she can stuff in there. Fire rating is not that important (most if it is just a guess anyways) as it will be surrounded on two sides by concrete and will be downstairs. More interested in adjustability, guns are not all stuffed in one location so they get safe kisses (so twice as big as I need - min 24 gun), storage and quality. My guns are insured, so if the asshats want to spend some quality time trying to break in, I want to slow them down as much as possible.

Cabalas - made by Liberty - USA or Chinese made??
    Browning Prosteel - Local sales and service
    Canadian Safe - https://canadiansafe.ca/ - My front runner until they quoted be $550 for shipping....I know they are big, but that seems excessive
    MGM Security - https://www.mgmsecuritygroup.com/mod...cts/rifle-safe - waiting for a quote, but like the double safe for valuables.
    Fort Knox - will need to remortgage the house, but a nice safe.

Other suggestions, experiences or knowledge, feel free to pass it along.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Gun Safes

I’ve got a Fort Knox. It’s a fantastic safe. It would certainly deter anybody but the most prepared thief
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

I have a liberty. No issues since we bought it in 1995

I would call around to get some other freight quotes from large national carriers. They may be using UPS or Purolator which can be two or three times what one of the others may charge. If it had tracks or tires I'd help you myself.

I have had a browning pro steel and the only downside is i need a bigger one. Its been great but nobody has tried to steal my guns either so no real world advice.

Thanks all!!

Still looking, will be checking out a few more in the net few weeks.

Might just got with two smaller ones they will be easier to move if ori when that happens.

Cheers

SS

"In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

I bought one from Costco on line a few years ago. The cost included delivery to the door. I'm not familiar with the brand they are selling now but it might be worth looking in to.

https://www.costco.ca/CatalogSearch?...yword=gun+safe
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Sitka. I don’t know where you live but I bought from Vancouver Safes in the lowermainland . He was great to deal with , the brand was American Security . The lower end ones are from China upper end made in USA . Maybe Google Vancouver Safes

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Canadian Safe - https://canadiansafe.ca/ - My front runner until they quoted be $550 for shipping....I know they are big, but that seems excessive
    I was very interested in their safes as well, until they recently quoted $850 shipping to PG.....so now I'm back to waiting for the next big sale at Cabelas
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

Quote Originally Posted by Slinky Pickle View Post
    I bought one from Costco on line a few years ago. The cost included delivery to the door. I'm not familiar with the brand they are selling now but it might be worth looking in to.

I looked at what they offer and right now it is Sports Afield and from what I have found, are not great safes.

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    I was very interested in their safes as well, until they recently quoted $850 shipping to PG.....so now I'm back to waiting for the next big sale at Cabelas

I am in the same boat, will see what else is around and wait. Never thought buying safe would be so much fun.....

Cheers

SS