Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Belated 2018 hunting season story.

Belated 2018 hunting season story.

Sorry for the late season summery but I have been a little lazy anyway here is a quick summery.
    So the season started in the first week in September with my 11 year old buddy Heath nailing his first Grouse a perfect head shot on a roosting Ruff with his Dad and Grandad watching probably the highlight of the season.
    Fast forward to September 25th and we are headed north for our region 7 LEH moose draw after 5 days of futile effort I spot a cow and sure enough there is a bull following he isn't the young bull I wanted but I decide I will take a Moose in the hand over a potential moose in the bush.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Belated 2018 hunting season story.

Then it was home to hunt Elk and deer with the boys we had no luck with the Elk but two of the lads bagged 4point Mule deer got to old school and strap one to the roof of my new hunting rig.

Now the reason I personally wasn't chasing Elk at home is because I had drawn a Roosevelt Elk Cow draw on the North Island. I had put in for this on whim knowing I was going to be on the island in December and the LEH gods smiled on me.

Congratulations on a successful season Everett
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Good job man,excellent to be able to have your son and father out I'm really happy for you. That is a terrific season

Nice bull, so nice to read about families hunting and spending time together.

Maple Ridge, Horse Lake but sometimes the dog house

Congratulations on a productive, memorable season.
    Cody: It's a pretty cool sidearm you got there. What is it?
    Four Leaf Tayback: I don't know what it's called. I just know the sound it makes when it takes a man's life.

Marvin Boggs

Frank, I never thought I'd say this again. I'm getting the pig!
    Frank, we gotta get rid of this broad. I know a great place up the road. Lots of alligators.

Marvin: If there's one thing I know, it's women and covert operations.
    Frank: Marvin, that's two things.
    Han Cho Bai: No, grasshopper. It is not.

Great season dude.

Love the moose

Nice season for you way to go on filling the freezer. I love that deer pic on the roof and nice to have Heath out hunting with you to.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Nice photo's evy - really good pictures to enjoy -- the moose is super -- and the deer too -- Congrats on awesome hunts

Jelvis -- the best to you and yours in 19 ------> good luck in LEH draws --- for 2019