Thread: Big Chief Smoker/Bradley

Big Chief Smoker/Bradley

Looking for a smoker.....for this year's pink/spring salmon.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Big Chief Smoker/Bradley

Hey Sooke Hunter

I saw couple on http://www.usedvictoria.com price range was from $50 to $65. The guy asking 65 lives in your neck of the woods.

Was out at otter point last Sun with some relatives from ALberta. Put my uncle on a 25lber. His biggest salmon ever! Was a little slow though. But he went home with a perma grin

A big cheif is only $150 max new. A little cheif is $100. I have a little cheif and I can fit 2 20lb Chinooks filleted in it.

Thanks for the reply guys...I am looking for something to get me by until I build my big stainless unit next year. Used one is just fine....new pretty inexpensive as well. Hey Dawn2dusk.....25 not bad....used to guide alot out there. My favorite spot is Muir Creek. Usually a little less traffic there. Renfrew is the place for slabs right now. Using anchovie?

Just checked used Vic.com.....not finding any smokers. Help!!

1 sheet of 1/4 plywood or so, some 2x2's, old fridge shelves, or, make your own slat-type shelves, and an old hot plate with tin pan for chips. Set the hotplate on something non-combustible on the floor of the smoker.

Two hours of your time to build.

Be sure to make four 2" holesaw vents along each bottom panel and cut two or three in the top. Air and smoke has to get in, cirrculate, and get out via the top vents.

Holds WAY more than a little chief.

Do a google search for home made smokers............ lots of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Spokerider View Post
    1 sheet of 1/4 plywood or so, some 2x2's, old fridge shelves, or, make your own slat-type shelves, and an old hot plate with tin pan for chips. Set the hotplate on something non-combustible on the floor of the smoker.

Two hours of your time to build.

Be sure to make four 2" holesaw vents along each bottom panel and cut two or three in the top. Air and smoke has to get in, cirrculate, and get out via the top vents.

Holds WAY more than a little chief.

Do a google search for home made smokers............ lots of ideas.
    Thanks man! Lots of wood around here right now...building a shop and cooler room....great idea and too easy to make!