So I've been doing some research on fishing for these.

Who here goes for Kokanee?

Fishing with Rod has some helpful tips. But there is so much other info out there it just gets confusing.
What setups do you guys use?
I don't have downriggers for my 12ft Jon boat. And would rather not buy even the little ones from Cabela's.
I was thinking of jigging a Croc while anchored as well as trolling a Dodger with a snubber and a spoon or wedding band tipped with krill or shoepeg corn. What about a little roebag of my own cured sockeye from this past summer?
If I fish in early March, seems from what I've read, the fish should be closer to the surface and I can fish under a bobber or troll close to the surface and should have some success. Maybe?
Since I live in Mission, I would like to try Hayward, if there is any Kokanee there. Or on Stave Lake?
I'm about to make a purchase on Bass pro and include some of the seemingly necessary gear like snubbers and dodgers. Thought about Willow Leafs but not sure if I want to add that weight to my line while trolling.

I have no experience with this and I don't know anybody who has experience with Kokanee so I'm reaching out to get some good advice and clarity on all the info that is out there.

Hopefully you guys can help me out.