Hey Fellas

Last year 2018 we were drawn in 7-25 for a group bull moose hunt our trip was from Oct.26-Nov.6
I’m from the island and going up with two LEH tags felt promising we decided to go late in the season in hopes to avoid heavy hunting traffic possibly not as much pressure on the bush which was the case when we arrived we had the place to ourselves for the most part
we hunted Northwest side of Stuart lake.with 4 guys and day after day came back very disappointed for the whole trip between our group we seen 5 moose total two of which were small immature bulls which we managed to get one, others were one dry cow and a cow with her calf, moose sign was very poor hardly any tracks over a lot of area we covered by hiking with snow on the ground, but what we did find was predator tracks abundant everywhere countless sets of wolf tracks, grizzly, and black bear I have never seen so many sets of predator tracks every area we hunting was polluted, we were fortunate to get the one small bull but the moose population in this area from my experience would appear to be suffering, the wildfires were very close to this area as well possibly smoke pushed them out? It sure didn’t push out the predators so what’s the cause of this?, predators, overhunting, poaching anyone else experience these issues on their B.C. moose hunts this year?