Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another poacher...

Re: Another poacher...

Let's say that he bagged $125,000 per gall bladder and paws from a grizzly, then you fine him $200,000. And you make each and every offence fine increasingly greater than the sale proceeds garnered.
    Start an auction for "the goods" in a mainland China major newspaper to determine the value they're willing to pay and use that figure +50%. Each subsequent conviction per individual after the initial fine escalates double, ie, estimated value +50%, then e.v. + 100%, then e,v +200% and doubling onward. Forfeiture of property to cover the fines if necessary.
    That would be a deterrent wouldn't it?

There is a wildcard but I'm not going there.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

I used to work with a Chinese guy that wanted me to find him an “Indian” to take other guys from China hunting. His plan was to bring guys over from China, get an Indian to take these guys out to kill something and send them home. He didn’t care about meat or hides, he said the only thing the Chinese guys wanted to do was kill something. Pretty disturbing.

When I told him it was illegal, he said Indians do whatever they want and they won’t get in trouble. The whole plan was going to be under the table too so he didn’t have to pay tax. It’s a different culture.

Then his plan was to sponsor people from China himself and call them all relatives to get them in the door.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.

Some jail time, where he becomes somebodys bitch for a month or so, could perhaps deter him from committing the same crimes again

I think this is where hunters could make a difference.
    Hunters could take the "lead" by posting comments exactly like are on here.
    To show the rest of the public how much we despise such actions and disregard to wildlife.
    IF anyone can step up to the plate in the media, now is the time!!
    Lets show everyone else who hunters are!.

He broke the law and shouldn’t be allowed back into the country period. Auction off his house and give the proceeds to wildlife conservation efforts.

If this guy doesn't get hammered, who will?

He is either really really really dumb. Or just doesn't value the life of an animal.

Either way. Lifetime ban and time in jail.

Just heard about this, what a disgrace! Kick the guy out of the country, revoke his PAL...or throw him in jail for a few years..then kick him out of the country etc. People like this piss me off!
    Firearms and fishing rods, my idea of a good time!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    In some areas I think poaching is a bigger issue then people realize
    It sure is I will say it again some have no clue what is going on out there, and sadly many don't really care.

After that many offences he should be in jail and fined a hell of a lot more, our laws a too soft in Canada.