Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Another poacher...

Re: Another poacher...

Comments closed on the cbc article... I wanted to vent at them... arghhh

This is just the top of the iceberg... I have heard that CO's have intercepted reefer trucks with 20+ deer, a few moose etc. on route to Richmond restaurants... not during the open season when there are more eyes in the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by elch jager View Post
    Comments closed on the cbc article... I wanted to vent at them... arghhh

This is just the top of the iceberg... I have heard that CO's have intercepted reefer trucks with 20+ deer, a few moose etc. on route to Richmond restaurants... not during the open season when there are more eyes in the forest.
    I have heard of poached wild meat being brought to the lower mainland to be sold and stores of pretty high numbers of animals but no words on any convictions.

This is something I don’t know if it’s truly going on or exaggerated stories

Selling wild meat is happening but to what level

Quote Originally Posted by Island Idiots View Post
    Thanks for getting wrong again CBC. He is not a hunter, he is a POACHER.
    How is it there is no mention of how this individual passed both a firearms course/test, and CORE, yet has no knowledge of existing laws?
    Certainly further examination is due. Who was the instructor? When did he take the CORE or challenge the test?

This is going on in all sectors. From illegal crabbing, to illegal poaching. No regard what ever for the law. If you get your rifle and truck taken away, fined, etc, and you go to the next town and get a gun and truck and do it again, you should go.... DIRECTLY TO JAIL, !! No exceptions!!
    Absolute disdain for canadian laws.

THIS ! in this case DEPORTATION ! we tax payers should not have to pay to INCARCERATE this POS ! RJ

I sent a correction in to the CBC for using the term "hunter" instead of using the term "poacher" in their article.... since I couldn't comment on the article anymore.

Here's what I sent in:

The term 'hunter' is used in this article to describe someone who is clearly a poacher. These terms are not interchangeable, and should be not be treated as such.

For the many of us who do hunt and follow the rules as set out by our Province using the word 'hunter' for people who are involved in the illegal killing of animals and wasting the meat, where the words 'poacher' or 'poaching' should be used instead, is extremely offensive.

This is a common misuse of language in the press, please correct your usage.

Thank you,

It's really unfortunate that this person committed these disgraceful acts, was caught, and was then right back at it in short order. The laws we have are toothless when they need to have serious teeth, and yet at the same time can be unforgiving when they need to be more accepting of things (in regards to other issues)... where is the balance in all of this?

NH3

In South Africa (Where my father is from) they have a big problem with Abalone Poaching. There if you are caught, everything that was used to poach the animal (truck used to drive to the boat, the boat itself, any gear, etc) is all confiscated and then sold/destroyed + potential jail time and/or fines. Hopefully Canada will one day adopt similar levels of punishment as poaching is a huge problem that I would love to see really cracked down on.

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    THIS ! in this case DEPORTATION ! we tax payers should not have to pay to INCARCERATE this POS ! RJ
    Can't be deported for a conviction on a Summary Conviction Offense. Gotta get him with a Criminal Code charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Can't be deported for a conviction on a Summary Conviction Offense. Gotta get him with a Criminal Code charge.
    Thanks for the INFO But aren't the CRIMES comitted really CRIMINAL ? if not WTF are they ? RJ

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Thanks for the INFO But aren't the CRIMES comitted really CRIMINAL ? if not WTF are they ? RJ
    Exactly! What more does this guy have to do to get some actual punishment. Ie: jail time, house arrest, deportation. Such a bullsh!t system we have

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    Maybe it should be changed?
    Meaning, you get busted for a second time (summary conviction offence), on a separate issue, that it then "becomes criminal"??
    That might clean up a lot of Offenses in the country?? (just saying)
    Have to find a way to stop "repeat offenders".
    Plus, all of this guys stuff he used should have been forfeited/confiscated during the first offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bustercluck View Post
    I used to work with a Chinese guy that wanted me to find him an “Indian” to take other guys from China hunting. His plan was to bring guys over from China, get an Indian to take these guys out to kill something and send them home. He didn’t care about meat or hides, he said the only thing the Chinese guys wanted to do was kill something. Pretty disturbing.

When I told him it was illegal, he said Indians do whatever they want and they won’t get in trouble. The whole plan was going to be under the table too so he didn’t have to pay tax. It’s a different culture.

Then his plan was to sponsor people from China himself and call them all relatives to get them in the door.
    You aren't surprised by this are you??? Seems like business as usual for a good proportion of them. First they ruined housing in the lower mainland, then they brought in fentanyl, now they poaching our fish and wildlife. The only way to deal with people like this is through deportation.