Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Neighborhood Buck

Re: Neighborhood Buck

A couple more townies.

Another townie

The sad part of "townies" or neighborhood bucks is that some lowlife inevitably tries to poach it if it is a big buck.

This buck I took numerous pics and videos over the course of that summer.
    Ironically this location is within several hundred meters of the initial post.

If you look slightly to the left of him you can see the antlers of another large buck.
    Last edited by Ourea; 01-10-2019 at 05:05 PM.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

They also seem to see a tragic end from a collision with a vehicle as was the case with 3 of the bucks I posted.

The disgusting part was he did get poached........or more accurately, put down by a CO as he was running around with a Xbow bolt stuck in his guts for a week. It's mostly small orchard and vineyards with spotty residential and a school on my street.

That does not detour from guys trying to poach these big bucks once discovered.

So, here is the big buck I posted that was chewing on the willow tree.
    235" as I know that question will come up.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

There are no more nice bucks here that I had posted pics of in years past?? Vehicles, poaching or ??
    https://imgur.com/7CEQZNK
    Last edited by eastkoot; 01-11-2019 at 11:18 AM.
    Dana says:"That isn't me braggin', that is just me stating a fact."

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    The sad part of "townies" or neighborhood bucks is that some lowlife inevitably tries to poach it if it is a big buck.

This buck I took numerous pics and videos over the course of that summer.
    Ironically this location is within several hundred meters of the initial post.

If you look slightly to the left of him you can see the antlers of another large buck.
    Yes its sad so many of them get poached, we try and take pictures of them as well to have record of them.
    Its always funny when you talk to the guys that shoot them and were they say they got them.

Another one from the same neighborhood as Ourea buck
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

358 mag...that one looks like he ate too much fertilizer from someone's roses.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post

Another one from the same neighborhood as Ourea buck

Thanks 358 for tossing this pic up.
    Sadly, this buck was poached as well.
    The ironic and idiotic part is the ass hat that poached this old timer was so ignorant he left photos at the local hunt shop to show off his trophy buck. .....THAT HE POACHED and made up a bullshit story of where he killed it. Fakin pathetic.

Like LBM said, the stories these guys make up that have poached bucks is truly sad.