Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Neighborhood Buck

Re: Neighborhood Buck

So these guys that you claim poached the aforementioned bucks, where there any charges and convictions?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    So these guys that you claim poached the aforementioned bucks, where there any charges and convictions?
    Not claims Jag, they were simply poached/illegally killed.
    The big nontyp did not result in any charges although there was one individual that was in the crosshairs but could not be proven.

The old timer buck did result in charges.....the outcome I did not follow up on.

Point being these bucks need to be respected, admired, appreciated, not poached.
    What pisses me off to no end is someone from the hunting community always takes a run at the neighborhood bucks.
    Too many within our coveted sport are far from ambassadors........ continually embarrass us as a whole.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Not claims Jag, they were simply poached/illegally killed.
    The big nontyp did not result in any charges although there was one individual that was in the crosshairs but could not be proven.

The old timer buck did result in charges.....the outcome I did not follow up on.

Point being these bucks need to be respected, admired, appreciated, not poached.
    What pisses me off to no end is someone from the hunting community always takes a run at the neighborhood bucks.
    Too many within our coveted sport are far from ambassadors........ continually embarrass us as a whole.
    Yes your last three sentences are so true.

A crew makes the odd visit to my yard/garden as well. Destructive btards & I curse them. They have a habit of targeting vegetation I hold rather dear. Whaddya gonna do. Tempting but not this cowboy. Taller fences on the to do list this year. Couple years ago there was an article in the local paper about some yahoos bow hunting out of the back of their pickup truck in the Bella Vista area near a hobby farm. What goes on in the heads of those folks?

That nice native ponderosa or lodgepole pine on the right in photo has been messed up by them several times. Hope it survives the latest rub session, they almost ringed it & broke some limbs.

Last edited by mike31154; 01-12-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Do these bucks live longer than the average of 7-10 yrs?

A friend of mine in rural central interior had his garden decimated frequently by deer. He can shoot but they most often arrived in the middle of the night. He found some motion sensitive sprinklers and set them up. As soon as a deer activated the sprinkler, the blast of water would discourage the deer and his problem was solved.
    Anyhow, Penticton along with other towns and cities are plagued with urban deer. The continued influx of deer seeking cover will eventually bring in cougars. Which might not be as discretionary about what they attack, like a pet or perhaps a child. Knowing the lay of the land in the Penticton area I can see that this can be a high probability.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

^^^^^^

Next to zero cougar complaints despite the urban deer issues that have been going on for over a decade.

Anyone else have pics of deer around town?

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Couple up and coming youngsters. Moreso rural than town bucks.

"The farther one gets into the wilderness, the greater is the attraction of its lonely freedom."

What a beauty!

That first buck you posted is still around. Saw him on Wednesday. Also another 4 with him of similar size.
    A heavy wide (28"ish) got smacked near little engine winery in mid November. Sad end.
    Make Your Own Luck