So where I work is on a shutdown, so very little activity. There's a warehouse area with bay doors left open all the time, so it gets infested with pigeons. Got the OK to help eliminate them while on watchman shift. Used an air rifle, and knocked down a dozen or so.
Got to thinking, seems like a waste. Squab is a delicacy. Other countries they eat them, so WTF. Picked 4 bigger ones and cut the breasts off them, skin off, washed and froze them. Birds guts had seeds and such in them, it's a semi rural area so not dumpster divers.
Meat looked red like deer meat. Nice texture.
Bro in law swung by after the pub last night, asks me if I've eaten them yet, as I texted him about it.
Lets do this! He says.
Thawed them, wash in milk, dip in flour and seasoning salt and fried in butter. Sliced thin, and OMG. Taste delicious. Like a cross between chicken and deer. No gamey taste or weirdness. Also, I didn't die or get sick the next day so that's good.
Anyone else tried them? I read that they're similar to doves in taste. Any other recipe ideas? Steven Rinella cooks dove poppers with a slice of jalapeno and wrapped in bacon, that's next I think.

Also; haters gonna hate, try to keep it positive.