Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BC Residential Credential

Re: BC Residential Credential

there was a post about this awhile ago on here updating it was simple and easy took pic of drivers licence and day later it was updated..vortex
    Shhhhitttt I got this hold my beer

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Government integration this stuff should be simple, but it took decades to get your CareCard linked to your BCDL.

Still, reaffirming residency is a good thing in my opinion. There have been many stories on here about foreigners that own houses in BC hunting as residents, this may help weed them out.
    Mine's not because I have an enhanced DL. The back side of the DL can be a passport or care card but not both.

Right now I have an Enhanced DL, CareCard, passport, PAL, hunter number, hunting license and pleasure craft operator card. Plus a bunch of online accounts to access various Federal and Provincial services.

As an aside -- when I took my [90 year old] mom to get her BCID she couldn't combine her CareCard because it never had her full name on it. More paperwork to do a name correction. At least it didn't need to be notarized. It did add a few months to getting a new BCID.
    Last edited by Gun Dog; 01-05-2019 at 05:13 PM.

I guess I'm in the expired boat with a few others. Don't have not FWID card.
    FWID = Fish and Wildlife Identification
    And get this, you still need your ANGLER NUMBER to purchase a fishing licence.
    I think the FWID should be changed immediately to the IIWID card. Whatz dat ya sae.?
    IIWID = Idiot Imposed Wildlife IDentification card.
    And while I am on a rant, how about the statement, "First Nations hunters need a FWID if they wish to apply for limited entry hunting." There must have been a daisy chain in the Wildlife Ministry office that day to come up with that absurd (preposterous, ridiculous, ludicrous, farcical, laughable, risible, idiotic, stupid, foolish, silly, inane, imbecilic, insane, harebrained, cockamamie) notion.
    Hey stupid! What Indian is going to apply for a FWID for LEH when they have UEH (Unlimited Entry Hunt)?
    I have to stop here for a while, don't want to get banned.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

New -bc residency verification requirement - bcwid

I received a form letter late yesterday stating that all BC hunters have to prove current residency in BC to be able to purchase licences, tags etc.
    Coincidentally, before I received the letter, in the morning I tried to buy a cougar tag at Italian Sporting Goods and my hunter number was declared invalid on the bc gov site when they entered it, because I now have to prove residency. Staff called their government contact while I was there and were told I would have to visit a service bc office to present my current BC id, driving licence, care card etc, so my id can be reactivated in the system. Residency information can be updated on the bc government hunting site, you have to upload a copy of a provincial id. Then you have to wait a few days for it to be approved!

So spread news of the change, so no-one has the shock of being refused access to buy a tag, especially with bear season around the corner.

Neither Italian Sporting Goods (whose staff spent fifteen minutes trying to get clarification .... thank you) or another store I spoke to today, had any idea this was happening. Wonderful, stores provide this as a service to customers, making it easier for many, and the government does not inform them.

So WHO is responsible for this crap?

I went in the other day to Front Counter BC and said i want to buy a Lynx and a Bobcat Tag - all She wanted was my BC drivers licence and she updated me for a couple years too ! Paid my 16 $ and headed out the door in 15 mins or less ! WAS Easy Peezy ! RJ

I have no issue with this. IMO the proof of residency should be yearly instead of every 3yrs.....for obvious reasons. The 5 mins it takes is no big deal at all considering the reason for it.

This is off-topic a bit: When I renewed my Canadian Passport in a passport office last year the federal agent asked if I had my BC Services Card combined with my Driver's Licence. When I said yes, the agent said "not a good idea." The reason he gave was that the BC Services Card is another piece of ID with your photo and address on it. He said leave the services card at home when you are out of the country and if you lose or have your passport and driver's licence stolen, then the BC Services Card can expedite getting a new passport should someone be able to get it to a passport office for you.

When I got the combined driver's licence and service card I asked if they can be separated in the future — the answer was yes, but I have not done it yet.

Hmmm somehow the computer wouldnt allow me to update..5 minute drive to govt agent..5 minutes later done..printed reciept..
    Good to go.
    Irornnoggin. .Matt your phone is not working buddy..wanted to share all the cali sheep I seen today south of Williams lake..lol
    Cheers
    Srupp

I scanned my drivers L went in to my account got to the area where it says choose a file clicked onto the file my driver L hit upload wont upload what the secret to uploading your drivers L ??
    Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    Simply more Big Brother Bullshit. Brought to you by the laziest government you could imagine.
    It is damned easy to tie the FWID program in with Driver's License data bases, and none of this crap would be required.
    Nope, simply have to toss more administrative barriers our way just cause they can. Idjuts.

Mine was set to expire last month. No notice was given whatsoever, and if I had not read it on here, I would not have know it had expired. Complete load of horse-pucky if you ask me.

Only need to scan your Driver's License and send that in.
    Did so, was approved within minutes, but still an annoyance and not all of that over the way they sneak this one in...

Nog
    I scanned my drivers L went in to my account got to the area where it says choose a file clicked onto the file my driver L hit upload wont upload what the secret to uploading your drivers L ??
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..