Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
Couple 15-20 yard bear shots on my YouTube. 2018 one you see the liver shot. Didn't get the 3 yard follow up head shot on film thank goodness. Not something I want to re-live. 30-06 recoil saved me from seeing what it looked like but caddisgirl said it looked like something out of Hollywood *gag* ... how much proof do you actually want to see from these stories? Want it slow motion too? Close ups aren't my favorite but are pretty common in region 2. 3 yards on a rock ledge blowing out your ear drum, close up double lung / spine shot seeing the front legs dig ruts for a few seconds. Never filmed either and would never post it if I did. I think I have some raw footage of the 3 yard headshot aftermath and shoving it off the cliff but it's staying in the raw unpublished archives. I'm a one-trick pony for sure but blackies at close range is my routine.
Brother don't be offended. I just meant, so many people on here have taken game and not really mentioned it that's all. I don't need pics or videos. I love reading the stories and always give the story teller the benefit of the doubt and assume it happened.