Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunting Fanny Pack Vs Backpacks

Hunting Fanny Pack Vs Backpacks

Im a heavy sweater and was thinking for summer hunting with something that isnt snug against my back would be nice. Not sure if this is destined for the bottom of a closet or not. Anyone have any preference on these? Looking at a cabelas or Badlands or Alps. If you use one lemme know if ya like it over a back pack.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunting Fanny Pack Vs Backpacks

I have a Badlands BUT it doesn't hold a LOT ? and i still get lower back Sweat ! RJ

I know a guy that hunts with one and he wears suspenders with it.

I use a fanny pack now and just take the basics for short walks. I prefer this to a small backpack.

I have a badlands monster fanny pack and really like it, but, its too small for what I like to carry. If you are a minimal kinda guy you could do ok with it. What your hunting is a consideration too. The main thing about a backpack is you can carry an animal on it!. Actually now that I think about it, there is still some people that drag deer!

I have a Badlands fanny pack (without shoulder straps) but as Remington Jim and Swamp thing indicated they are fairly small. I do like the fact that it is compact and doesn't contact brush or branches while walking and as I use a bino harness doesn't interfere with the straps from that. Due to 35+ years with lower back issues, I find sometimes that it does bother my lower back/hips.

Well thanks for the 2 cents guys. Appreciate it. The research continues!

Quote Originally Posted by Drillbit View Post
    I know a guy that hunts with one and he wears suspenders with it.
    I do the same when I know I am not venturing far from the truck - fanny pack and suspenders. (further out, backpack).

I need a new fanny pack, but their prices seem ridiculous for how big they are.

For fairly short hunts I’ve been using my bino pouch. It holds my nocs, small survival kit, knife, multi tool, flashlight, compass, lighter, tags and ID, and some ass wipe. For longer hunts I still use my pack.

I always take my backpack, because I'm the kind of guy that turns a 5 minute peek over the ridge, into a 3 hour hike scouting out a new area.
    Man that is born of a woman is of few days, and full of trouble. (Job 14:1 KJV)