Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hunting Fanny Pack Vs Backpacks

Re: Hunting Fanny Pack Vs Backpacks

I have a Aplz . Excellent backpack and can also carry your rifle or bow . Good back support as well . I do use a fanny pack as well but only for carrying my treestand pegs in it .

Cant pack out a deer with a fanny

Quote Originally Posted by whitlers View Post
    Cant pack out a deer with a fanny
    thats true. But I found that I was leaving the pack in the truck quite often if I thought I wasn’t going to be all that long or going all that far. My hunting style has had to change since we had kids, more half days, more short walks with my son, less hunting in general. With the little chest pack, even if we’re just going to climb a little ridge to glass a meadow on the other side, I’ve got the basics with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcaw001 View Post
    Nice rig dude. DIY is sweet.
    thank you. I blatantly stole the idea from my buddy. But I won’t hesitate to steal a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by barry1974w View Post
    thats true. But I found that I was leaving the pack in the truck quite often if I thought I wasn’t going to be all that long or going all that far. My hunting style has had to change since we had kids, more half days, more short walks with my son, less hunting in general. With the little chest pack, even if we’re just going to climb a little ridge to glass a meadow on the other side, I’ve got the basics with me.
    Ahh I see. Maybe a bino harness and a small fanny would do you wonders with that situation.

Backpack IMO, I always end up carrying more than I should but it’s usually worth it-Also wearing the backpack has came in handy several times, I hunt with guys who usually leave theirs in the truck so when they get a critter someone’s gotta haul meat! It beats having to hike back to the pickup for packs.

That being said said make sure you get something comfortable and lightweight.

I picked up a badlands diablo this year for day hunts where I am within a short distance from truck. It has a bit of a different suspension that keeps the main bag completely off your back. I too am a back sweater and find this pack very comfortable and cool on the back compared to other packs.

I have strapped heavier cloths to the outside and an elk decoy with the fitted compression strap and had all the stuff needed for the day inside. It's just as comfortable and quiet empty. Really great day pack for those who find traditional packs warm on the back
    Last edited by Ron.C; 01-07-2019 at 03:14 PM.

Can't remember the exact model, but I've been using a Rocky brand waist pack for a few years now. Has the shoulder straps, waist belt, etc and find it quite comfortable. Not exactly small, but not bulky either. Holds more than enough for a day, especially now that my kid can pack his own lunch/gear.

I use a Kifaru Tailhook (now discontinued); it has shoulder straps. It works very well for me and I've attached a Gun Bearer to it so I can use both my hands when I stagger around in the bush. It won't carry a quarter of a deer but it will bring along everything I need for a day's hunt.

I went and looked at the badlands and cabelas fanny's today. The Cabelas fanny looks awesome to be honest. I think I'm going to give it a go for this season bow season at least.