Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High Lumen rechargeable pocket flashlight?

High Lumen rechargeable pocket flashlight?

I started shopping for a super bright smaller rechargeable flashlight to keep in my bino harness or on my belt for hunting. I don't need anything for working light as I'd use my head lamp for that, this would be a back up to the headlamp and main uses would be tracking locating animals and bear defense after dark.

I looked a bunch and like the fenix uc52, I really like the 3000 lumens and the .6 lb weight, still 200 can$s is a purchase I don't take lightly so I'd like it to be quality and last a long time..

https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-uc...ed-flashlight/

Anybody have any advice?
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

2. Site Sponsor

Re: High Lumen rechargeable pocket flashlight?

I do a lot of trail running and some mountain biking, and at this time of year almost every one of my runs is in the dark, so I get a LOT of use out of my lights. Just think of running down trails at full speed in the dark ... light matters!
    I have mainly used a headlamp, but recently started using my bike light. I have a MEC Apex 750. It's crazy bright and more than enough light for me. It was around $60 and comes with the MEC lifetime warranty. It's also a bike light, so it's built to take a bit of a beating.
    3000 lumens is pretty attractive though.

A friend of mine bought one with no where near the lumens you say youre interested in buying ..He says they get damn hot ..Might be something to consider if youre going to handle it much ...Dennis

I use a good Petza head lamp and carry spary batteries.. have not used a flashlight in years
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

I keep a headlamp in my pack, but I keep a fenix RC05 in my bino pouch just in case. It uses a rechargeable 14500 battery and can run on a single AA in a pinch, but won’t get to full brightness. It says it maximum is 300 lumens. It’s very small and pretty bright for a wee little get me out of the bush light. Oh, and it has a reversible clip so you can clip in in your pocket, or to your hat brim to use it as a make shift headlamp if you need to. I haven’t had to use it a lot yet, but I’m happy with it so far.

just got an olight m2r off amazon for $120. Its reachargable and Seems well made. 1200 lmns or something like that. I also got a couple of there weapon lights which are awesome for cheap!
    Proud member of the fringe minority!

Fenix makes a 1000 lumen light called the tk20r. Rechargeable and about $80. I bought mine at guillevin safety supply. Its fairly compact.

I have a rechargeable fenix headlamp (HL60R), it’s really high quality (all aluminum) and cost about $100 from MEC. It’s super bright (950 lumens) and with great distance. I’ve had it for over two years. It is the best light I’ve ever owned. I’d highly recommend them based on my experience.

Fenix is good quality but expensive.
    I got 2 lights for less than $30 on Amazon.
    Don't remember the lumens, but I recall it was pretty
    high and it's made out of aluminum, looks pretty solid.
    It say on it XML-T6
    WLM
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it. - Clint Eastwood
    "Lots of critters to still shoot. And there'll be no quitters until we bag some critters" - 180grainer
    "Politicians should wear sponsor jackets like Nascar drivers, then we know who owns them" - Robin Williams

Flush the Turd!

Located and residing on the unceded territory of European Settler's traditional land.
    Click here to learn more 🖕

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    I looked a bunch and like the fenix uc52, I really like the 3000 lumens and the .6 lb weight, still 200 can$s is a purchase I don't take lightly so I'd like it to be quality and last a long time..

https://www.fenix-store.com/fenix-uc...ed-flashlight/

Anybody have any advice?
    Also been looking for new flashlight, read lots of reviews online...Fenix read to be best bang for buck. Not top of the line, but great for the price/awesome durability/performance and waterproofing. Found a local retailer, going to try to pick this up this week:
    http://vancouverbattery.com/fenix-pd...8650-2xcr123a/
    I like the idea of having using a rechargeable battery instead of a rechargeable flashlight...that way you can keep spare (CR123A) batteries in your pack/vehicle in case you run out of charging capabilities.

Edit: looks like the UC line is the best of both worlds: USB re-chargeable...but can also run on CR123A batteries! http://vancouverbattery.com/fenix-uc...t-1000-lumens/
    Last edited by alpinedust; 01-06-2019 at 12:41 AM.