Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Hunter Looking for Instructor/Guide Group and Compensate for Time

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Re: New Hunter Looking for Instructor/Guide Group and Compensate for Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
    You can come with me, I need someone to do the bull work.
    Not a bad way to learn! I was the driver, leg holder, grouse retriever. Turn the grinder handle, stick the piece of tape on the packaged meat! Sights and smells from these activities still to this day bring me back to when I started this lifestyle! Learning what all goes into a a hunt, is part of the reason we hunt and gather. It is easy, TOO easy to go to Save-On to get food. Go find a berry patch, a moose swamp, an elk wallow, walk a douglas fir ridge, this is how you start hunting. Get connected to the land, the water, the air, the trees! This is as important to hunting as killing a critter! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Almost need a mentor program in the lower mainland these days

All these willing pack mules and slaves just wanting to learn some needs to step up and exploit this lol

Downside of living in nowhere land less will pack mules near by

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_horse View Post
    Nothing will teach you like an "oh fuq, what now" when an animal is on the ground.
    Very inspirational words... 😂love it!

Just do it! Go out and take your gun / bow for a hike. You do not need anyone to show you the way. It’s great if you can find a mentor but figuring out your own path is even better. I killed my first deer with a bow and spent way too long gutting it. Only mistake was to drop it off at a butcher. Every deer since I’ve butchered my own with no one teaching me the the way. It is way more satisfying hunting alone. It’s a day/week of exploration- every new place you find is yours. Almost like being the first man on the moon! Go explore, take good shots, and take a big pack.